||6.||

•||Ch6: His rejection?||•

||Mirha POV||

I twirled around and smiled looking up at the camera. My friends threw a bridal shower for me and now we all were gathered in a hotel.

“Mirha! You are looking so pretty,” Javeria said hugging me

“Mirha! You are looking so pretty,” Javeria said hugging me. “What do you think? Should we call your husband would be here?” Fatima asked with mischievous smile.

“Actually not a bad idea,” I said poking my tongue at her. They all laughed at me and said, “So eager to meet him.”

“I am gonna miss you, Mirha,” Javeria said and faked her tears. “You are acting like I am never going to meet you all again,” I said.

“Please cut the cake. I am very hungry,” Saif whined pointing at the cake which made all of us laugh at him.

I cut the cake and everyone one by one caked my face. I looked like a joker with this cake on my face.

“Mirha! I have something for you,” Fatima sang coming close to me. She handed me her phone and said, “Look at it.” I looked at it and my heart skipped a beat and I fumed with anger.

“Why you have his picture?” I asked her in anger. “There is no need to jealous. We all know he is yours,” She said.

“Huh? He is mine? How?” I asked in confusion. “Dumbo! He is your future husband,” She said, giggling and took her phone from me and ran away.

This idiot was my husband to whom I encountered two times. I swallowed hard and tried to think positive.

“Mirha, baby. You are in a deep shit,” I mumbled to myself, “Does he know I am his bride and soon to be wife? He must know because he also accept this proposal.”

Before I thought more about him Javeria and Fatima took me on the dance floor.

•••

I was sitting in front of my vanity, getting ready for my Nikkah. Mom entered in the room but froze on her way and her eyes got wet.

I stood up and went near mom

I stood up and went near mom. “How am I looking?” I asked her with shaky voice. She pulled me in a hug and I knew she was weeping like me.

Dad also entered in my room and looked at us. “Why are my beauties weeping?” Dad asked with a sad smile. Mom pulled away and looked at me up and down.

“Isn't she look beautiful? I didn't know this day will come so soon,” Mom said wiping her tears and looked up at dad.

Dad pulled mom and me in a hug and kissed both of our heads. “The door of this house will always open for you,” Dad mumbled kissing my head.

Someone knocked on the door which made us pull away. “Sir? We need your help,” Driver said. Dad nodded his head and went with him.

Mom made me sit on the bed and also sat beside me. Mom gave me lectures like what to do and what not to do after marriage. I kept nodding my head but deep down I was terrified and nervous.

•••

That's it. Now I was going to be wedded. I was sitting in mosque where our Nikkah was. I was going to someone else.

“Do you Mirha Murat accept Arash Ali Yaqub as your husband?”

My heart was not stable. Anyone could hear it beating like crazy.

“I do!” I breathed and held my both hands tightly together on my lap.

“Do you Arash Ali Yaqub accept Mirha Murat as your wife?”

Everyone was waiting for his answer. When he didn't answer my breath got stuck. I looked at him through the veil between us. He had stone faced which was out of emotions.

“Do you Arash Ali Yaqub accept Mirha Murat as your wife?”

He was asked again but he didn't answer again. Everyone started whispering. I looked up at my parents who was also looking scared.

Sania bhabhi sat beside me and hugged me tightly. My tears started flowing one by one.

I held my breath and knew he was now not going to answer again. I should have known it that he was taking his revenge because I insulted him whenever we met.

I was not worrying about myself. I was only worrying about my family. I knew this society would blame me, and my family had to listen them.

It was all my fault because people already started whispering.

“The groom was not giving any answer!”

“He is rejecting her!”

“It's must be bride who is at fault!”

“Why would he reject her? Must have bride did something!”

I felt humiliated in front of everyone. He was making fun of me and my family. Dad and Zain bhai was trying to control their anger.

“Do you Arash Ali Yaqub accept Mirha Murat as your wife?”

He was asked again last time. I closed my eyes and ready for the final rejection.

.........

Assalam-o-Alaikum! Hey!

What do think what will Mirha do now? And why Arash is doing this?🤔 Do tell me what you all are thinking?

Sorry I would have given you all briyani with an extra plate but look at the situation.😶

If you like this chapter, consider giving it a vote.

Take care.
Till next time.

Allah Hafiz! Bye!