Ch.11 - I Don't Think You're Ready For This Jelly

There are so many people to dedicate this chapter to; oreo1100 because I liked her shipname the best, taler67775 for her comments and the AH MAZE ING book suggestions, and also to a dear Wattpad friend of mine after we talked about rap music.zeekaytee, ilybae

Brace yourself, it's Chapter 11!

Chapter 11 - I Don't Think Your Ready For This Jelly

Carter's POV

You know that moment when you look at someone and you instantly know something's wrong?

No words might not even be spoken. Just one look. That's all it took. Their posture, their eyes, their mood... Just them.

Well I can tell you as soon as I saw Shanté, she looked like shit. And I didn't say she wasn't pretty, because she so fucking was. Even with that baggy Beatles T Shirt, that shirt could not hide the curves I saw underneath that shirt. She kept trying to tug the shirt down to make it longer. But when this happened, it revealed her breats even more. The fact she wore no bra didn't help my cause.

Her raven black hair was messy and it was like an afro; however, it was still slightly curled from yesterday. Her bandana was still on, but she must have fixed it up, because it looked neat. Her warm brown eyes were now tinged with a light blood red colour, and her eyes were puffy.

It was the crying, I told myself.

She didn't look angry. However, she looked slightly annoyed and a little put out. But overall, she looked tired and sad. My urges to go over there, pick her up and hold her against my chest were very strong. However, I had to calm down.

As soon as our eyes met, we had a intense staring match. I couldn't turn away; the passion and pain swimming in her chocolate eyes pulled me in.

A person clearing their throat occupied Shanté's attention, tearing her gaze away from me and ruining the moment.

Gee, thanks Dad.

"Hello, Shanté," My father extended his hand," I'm Carter's dad, but you can call me Lucas."

"Hello Lucas. My name is Shanté Thomas," Shanté spoke, accepting the hand shake.

"Why are your eyes red, child?" My Dad asked, studying her closely. I noticed Shanté turned a little stiff. My Dad always noticed shit, he was a very observant man.

I was about to answer for her but she cut me to it. "A window was opened in my room; I must have gotten hayfever."

My Dad didn't seem convinced.

"Really? Doesn't explain the-"

"Ok then! That's enough Dad! I need to talk to Shanté privately." I interrupted while grabbing Shanté's hand and exiting the kitchen to the guest room in a hurry. I couldn't help but notice the tingling feeling from the connection we made. Better to have ignored it. Doesn't even mean anything.

After closing the bedroom door, I turned around to see Shanté looking down at the floor.

"Thanks," she finally spoke,"For getting me out of the situation."

"Yeah." I said, crossing my arms. Even though I helped her, I still didn't forgive her from lying to me about the whole business with Lamar yesterday. She lied to me.

"We need to talk."

"I know Carter."

"Shanté, you lied to me and embarrassed me. I felt so angry with you yesterday." I ranted.