018

CHAPTER 18

THE REST of the week was a blur for both hyunjin and hawon, they have been avoiding each other and with hyunjin not attending school as much as before.

it was easier for hawon to attend school without feeling like her anxiety was eating her. her social anxiety was back and it was worst than ever, she couldn't go anywhere without having to feel like she was about to puke.

hawon was currently in her old therapist's office, it has been awhile since she came here and everything felt so foreign around her.

"may I ask how did you trigger it?" she was sick of all these questions already and she was starting to regret coming here.

"I recently broke up with my boyfriend." she mumbled, she observes as the lady in front of her nodded before writing down some notes in her book before continuing.

HAWON SIGHED loudly when she got out from the room that she had been in for hours and took a seat, she buried her face into her palms and tears started to build up.

it's been two weeks since the break up and she still felt guilty even though she was just trying to help hyunjin and herself but she was regretting it all.

"you're pathetic." hawon mumbled softly to herself before regaining her strength, it was drizzling outside when she got out but she just walked through the rain with her head hung lowly.

the feeling of someone staring at her made her stop her tracks, she looked up and her breath was taken away by the sight of the person in front of her.

her tears that she was holding started to rolled down, hyunjin was standing in front of her with an umbrella above him and he was staring directly at her.

as if time slowed down, they both stood there staring at each other before a hawon got startled by the thunder that roared above them.

hyunjin would had chuckled if it wasn't for his broken heart, his heart was beating terribly fast at the sight of her but it was also aching.

same goes with hawon, her heart was calling out for hyunjin. "hyunjin!" a female voice called out for him and they both looked over to the female who were running towards him.

the girl hooked her arm around hyunjin's arm and looked at hawon weirdly, hawon felt her heart ache even more and she couldn't stop the tears that were rolling down.

the rain made it hard to see it but she knew hyunjin could see it pain in her eyes and how she was close to breaking down.

"what a weird girl." the female said before she pulled hyunjin with her. they walked pass hawon and hyunjin's shoulder brushed against hers softly.

THE SOUND of the door unlocking was heard before hawon stumbled into her apartment, she was going to be home alone tonight.

her brother was at his friend's house, popping open the bottle of alcohol and she chugged the bitter drink down, letting the alcohol burned her throat.

bottle after bottle, she chugged everything down. soon, she was left with nothing but empty glass bottles and a broken heart.

"I must've be easy to replace." hawon chuckle at her own words while hiccuping and crying at the same time, as if she lost all her sanity.

for the first time in forever, she heard the door unlocked. the sound of thick boots hitting the floor made her look up to find someone she never thought she would see again.

"dad." her teary eyes made it hard to see but it was clear enough to know that, the man in front of her was indeed her father.

she was embraced into a warm bear hug. "what happened to you?" hawon broke down in her father's embrace and tried to explain everything that happened.

MEANWHILE, hyunjin push the girl off his arm after they got into the car. the girl was getting on his nerves and she knew she was.

"what's wrong?" this girl was his childhood best friend, who he was fully aware that has a major crush on him since they were little kids.

hyunjin ignored her presence beside him and started thinking at how heartbroken hawon looked when she saw wonju linking arms with him.

he saw the way her walls broke down in her eyes and how more tears began to build up in her eyes, his heart cried for him to hug her but he reminded himself that they were no longer a couple.

hyunjin haven't left his room since the day of the break up until wonju showed up on his doorstep with her bags. his mother, who adored her too much had invited her in with open arms.

she dragged hyunjin out with her to go shopping, more like she did all the looking and hyunjin just sat there being the sad loner he is.

they've arrived back at the hwang's mansion before sundown, hyunjin's parents greeted them in the living room which was something they never really did.

hyunjin was even more annoyed than he already was, he needed to get away from these people before he say something he'll regret later.

"hyunjin, why don't you join us for dinner?" his mother said, her arms were linked with wonju, who stood beside his mother smiling like she was her daughter in law or something.

"no thanks." his mother frowned before hyunjin turned away from them. he was about to head upstairs but he stopped when he heard him mother talking to wonju.

"he had a really bad break up with his girlfriend two weeks ago, he's just recovering. I'm sure with your help, he'll get over it pretty quickly." her words made hyunjin angry.

"I mean, you're prettier than her and a lot more smarter and mature." hyunjin's hand curled into a fist and he closed his eyes, trying to calm down.

"that's where you're wrong, mother." hyunjin spoke up, the two girls looked up to find hyunjin's annoyed and angry expression.

"wonju is no where close to what hawon has! she's ten times more prettier and smart and mature than she'll ever be! maybe if you took some time to get to know her, you wouldn't be talking about random bullshit!" hyunjin's voice echo the whole dining room.

the maids flinch at his words that were filled with venom. his mother was ashamed while the girl beside his mother was shock but she was also annoyed.

"I'm fully aware you like me, kim wonju but you're not her and you'll never be." hyunjin left after he finished talking, leaving the two female speechless.

hyunjin's father was proud of his son, he knew he was in love with hawon but he didn't knew it was this deep until now.

••••
hello, I've decided to update for y'all because we have reached 3K readers on this story! thank you!

the next update will be published soon so stay tune! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! thank you for reading!

lots of love,
author.