Twenty

Steve's P.O.V

I stare at the girl being held captive.
No, it's more like I stare at a shell of the girl being held captive.

She just stopped.
There was no fight left in her,she looked tired.
I couldn't just leave her to die....she may be a dirty traitor,but I just couldn't break that promise.
That stupid promise is the ONLY reason she was spared. That and information,but that's all!

Stark and Thor didn't even ask for the full story. I guess they were smart enough to realize the situation at hand.

She's not that good at being held hostage to be honest. There's no fight, no will to give information; she hasn't said a single word after the incident.

I don't know what to do with her. Having her locked up in the tower just means that the whole atmosphere is sullen. We all feel uncomfortable speaking, I want to think it's because we have a living member of our sworn enemy basically in the basement so there is a need to watch what we say, but I know that isn't the case.

I want to know what broke her,but she won't speak.
I want to piece together the whole story,but she says nothing.
I want to help fix her,but she refuses to talk.

....
NO!
Her adversity is nothing to me!
I must break her vow of silence,but she won't speak!
I must piece together the information to discover the plans of Hydra,but she says nothing!
I must fix all the wrong such a twisted group of people have done, but she refuses to talk.

But why does she make it so hard...?

How does she make it so hard to hate her..?