Seventeen

Mariketa's POV

"Sooo,are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I going to have to torture you??"

I roll my eyes and sigh at Luna's attempts to get me to speak my mind.

"You wouldn't dare to harm me in any way whatsoever,Luna."

"I don't know,like you said...'a little torture never hurt anyone.'"

I stick my tongue at her as she holds a plastic spoon out like a sword. I attempt to feign a smile but fail miserably.
She sighs and flings the spoon across the table.

"You know, you have been acting different since you've got back..."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say attempting to brush off her comment.

"You promised to tell me EVERYTHING and now I feel like you avoid speaking to me!" She practically screams at me.
I sigh and stare at her, I trust her with my life, but if I tell her what's on my mind will she still trust me or will she laugh and abandon me like the others would...

"Well, I was thinking about what would happen if we...you know,stopped 'hailing hydra' and ran away..."

The slap hit me like a bolt of lightning. My eyes widen as I look at my companion with surprise. I was too shocked to respond with anger.

"I don't know what those heros did to you,but don't you ever speak that way again!" She leans in closer to me.

"If THEY heard you say such a thing you would be executed almost immediately!" She looks at me with tears forming in her eyes. "Do you really want to die and leave me alone for some silly reason like that!"

I stop rubbing my cheek and wrap my arms around her in order to comfort her.

"I don't know,I'm just being dumb,but it is fun to imagine you as a cashier or something normal." She glares at me.

"I'm kidding, and you're like a sister to me, I'd never leave you, I promise!" I say as I hold out my pinky finger.

She accepts the promise and intertwines her finger with mine, but she bends back my pinky whilst doing so causing me to yelp in pain. This causes her to giggle. I guess I was just born to be the bad guy...

Suddenly, a piercing screech fills the air as an alarm goes off,we both run towards the base anxious to see what the commotion was.

"THIS IS NOT A DRILL-I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL" The System screeches over the deafening sound of the alarm.
I grab Luna's arm to make sure not to loose her in the crowd of hydra members running around in a chaotic manner. I push my way forwards Marissa who is barking commands at the others.

"What's going on here?" I yell over the sound of complete chaos.

"The base has been breached,the attackers are inside...we're all screwed!!" She screams,not even attempting to stay calm in this trying time.

"Who?" I ask,confused as to why we're 'screwed'...I mean there are hundreds of us,we're practically impossible to stop!

She turns to me,her face as pale as the snow covering the ground.

"The Avengers have found us..."