5- Closer Together

"Jamie?"

I groaned and peeled my eyes open to the most gorgeous sight in the world. Anne. Her black hair fell onto one shoulder as she wore my gray hoodie that fit her like a dress. Her eyes widened and she backed away a little.

"Good morning Jamie!"

'Say something back idiot!'

'Give her a good morning kiss!'

'Eww. Gross.'

I sat up straight and stretched my sore muscles letting out a small yawn. Anne stood up and went to the other side of the cave where all the cans of food were. She bent down slowly, exposing her backside to me. Don't worry, she was still wearing pajamas.

'Pervert.'

'Keep staring. Admire her beauty.'

My eyes shifted everywhere around the cave except Anne. She came and sat on my lap, handing me a can of peaches, kissing my cheek. I burned up.

"Alright, how are we going to open these?" Her angelic voice spoke.

I just shrugged my shoulders and leaned back on my arms.

"How about a rock?" I replied.

She snapped her fingers and rushed out of the cave leaving my lap to feel cold and empty.

"Anne? Anne!" I felt worried when she left on her own.

Anne walked back in with a large rock in one hand while the peaches were in the other. She sat cross-legged across from me and put the can onto the dirt floor.

'Watch and learn kid, watch and learn.'

Anne hit the top of the can with the rock, she pops it open after a few tries. She took the lid off and drank the juice that filled the entire thing. Some of it trickled down her chin.

I wiped it with the pad of my thumb, blinking slowly at her. Anne giggled a tiny bit at my actions before sliding her fingers into the can and takes out a slice of the yellow goodness. My tongue licked my thumb tasting the salty and sweet taste.

'Gross.'

'Shut up! it was cute!'

"Jamie! You listening?"

I averted back to reality. She handed me a piece, the slimy fruit sliding around my palm. I popped it into my mouth, chewing slowly for a better experience.

"Mm." I moaned as it went down my throat.

My stomach grumbled, urging for more. Anne handed me the entire can, licking the palm of her hand like a cat before wiping it on my sweatshirt.

"Here, I think I've eaten enough for now. You need it more than me."

My eyebrows furrowed deeply, guilt rushing into my body.

"A-are you sure?"

She hummed and pushed the can into my hands, kissing my nose in the process. When did she become so...touchy?

'Stop complaining!'

'Didn't you want this Jamie?'

'Shut up.'

It was true. I did not mind at all but I wanted it to be real. I didn't want all this 'love' to be fake and realize that in the future she was using me the entire time. Maybe I should ask? Yeah.

"Hey um, Anne?"

She perked up at the sound of her name, playing with a strand of her hair and licking her dry, cracked lips.