1- The Coffee Shop

"Hey, Idiot!"

A loud horn blared through one ear to the other. I covered them and peeled my eyes open being blinded by two bright lights. He honked the horn once again, raising his arm at me, waving me to the side. My head hurt from figuring out what was happening, the world swirling quickly.

'Jamie, move out of the way.'

"Okay."

I slowly moved towards the right, watching the gray Volvo pass me at a high speed. I backed up, slipping on the curb and falling harshly on my back. A moan left my lips as I curled up in the middle of the busy sidewalk, my hospital gown being stepped on without any consent.

"Hey, buddy move out of the way! Get a f*cking job moron!" Some sort of pressure hit my stomach causing me to grunt in more pain.

'You need to find somewhere to hide!'

'No you don't! They can't see you here! It's too busy.'

My bruised and scraped hands supported my weight as I stood up with hard effort. My legs also had a mind of their own, making their way to the side of a coffee shop, many sitting on the floor with signs. I took a seat next to them, keeping quiet.

My eyes checked up on the dark purple sky, small raindrops sliding down my already saddened face. I rested my head on the brick wall, shivering at the cold breezes that sprung their way to life every few seconds. A small bell rang, making my attention turn to the glass door.

'Ha, remember those doors? front row seats to every torture show.'

"Not anymore."

Another gust of wind made it's way past me, freezing the tears and raindrops on my skin. Someone whistled loud in front of me. Where did everyone go? They were just here a second ago...

"Excuse me? Helloooo, you deaf or something?"

A hand waved in front of me, snapping me back to the reality I have assumed to be better. I covered my legs with the excess gown, making myself more cozy and presentable.

"Y-yes?"

The bearded man pointed to the way the crowd was rushing. His brown eyes showed sympathy and sorrow.

"Shelter's that way."

I turned my head to the side, confusion written all over my face. I held my hand out, waiting for him the grab it.

"What are you doing?"

'What are you doing Jamie?'

"I-I don't know w-what a shelter is..." I whispered quietly, looking down in shame.

He burst out a chuckle, his belly shaking a tiny bit.

"Look, kid, I don't know if this is a joke or somethin' but your scarin' away my customers."

I gulped the ball of spit forming in my throat, licking my cracked lips. He sighed, gripping hold on my hand, pulling me up with ease. I wiped the gravel and wet dirt off of my body, using the rain as my shower.

"Come this way."

I followed closely, my bare feet close to the edge of his heels. He soon opened the glass doors once again, making his way inside. Oh no.

'Don't do it, Jamie, nothing good ever happens through those doors.'

I stopped all of a sudden, a few inches away from the entrance. He soon realized that I was not following him, turning his large body around.