Chapter 30: The Vision In The Dream (Part 2/2)

Começar do início

"It's not as beautiful as you." Ray whispered to Violet.

Violet blushed in confusion. "Huh?" She said. 'Did he just call me beautiful?' She thought to herself.

Ray then chuckled to break the awkward moment, "Anyways...I'm going to go get some wood for the fire. You stay here and I'll come back for you in a bit." He said. "I promise, I won't forget." He walked away.

While Ray was gone, Violet made herself a flower bracelet to wear on her wrist and she was wearing a flower crown too. She was holding a flower crown in her hands that she was going to give to Ray as a gift. She looked up and noticed that the sun had gone down and the moon had risen up to the sky. "Oh my," She quickly looked around. "I didn't know that time flew by so fast already. I better go find Ray." She began running through the forest.

• • • • •

"I think this should be enough firewood." Ray was holding a pile of branches in his hands. "Oh crap!" He dropped them to the ground. "I need to go back for Violet!" He started running. "She might be in danger if she's by herself all in the dark... that she might get lost."

"Ray?" Violet was beginning to get scared of being alone. "Where are you?" She looked through the forest. She then saw a figure that had pointy hair that she could barely be recognizable in the shadows. "There you are." She approached it closer. "I thought I lost--"

Suddenly the dark figure had some sort of monster eyes that popped out, glowing in a bright crimson-red color. "AHHHHHH!" Violet shouted as she was terrified. She ran the other direction and saw that the monster-like figure was following her. 'I don't know what that thing is!? But my instinct is telling me that it looks bad.'

She finally was lucky enough to find a hiding spot behind a tree to get away from the monster that was chasing her. "That was close." She inhaled and exhaled to get some air through her lungs. "I don't know what that thing is?" Suddenly she felt someone tap on her shoulder and she quickly turned around and pushed the person.

"Ow!" The boy fell down on the ground and dropped his pile of small wooden twigs. "Why did you push me, Vi?"

Violet then saw who she had pushed. "Oh my gosh... I'm sorry, Ray," She helped him pick up the twigs. "It's just that--" She blushed as she stopped when she realized that her and Ray were touching hands.

"Oh, sorry. My bad," Ray laughed. He then stood up.

"Oh wait," Violet recalled that she still had the other flower crown in her small satchel, that she wanted to give to Ray as a gift. "Here, I wanted to give you this. I made it myself with the flowers that were around me." She placed the crown of flowers on top of Ray's hair. "I hope you like it, even though it's not much."

"That's so nice of you, Violet." Ray said. "I like it. It's beautiful. Thank you for this gift."

"You're welcome--Now let's get out of here as fast as we can." Violet was getting chills and goosebumps, just thinking about what had happened with her seeing the mysterious monster. She pulled Ray's arm lightly and began running. "What's the rush!? Why are you running so fast!?"

"We're using Flower Power, now move it."

"Don't you mean the Ray Way, Violet?" Ray said.