Haunt me.

Dear Readers,

I literally cannot believe that it has been over a year since I last updated. But I figured in this crazy world right now, everyone could use a little Downey. I hope you all are well and for anyone who is still even reading this, I hope I get to spice up your quarantine with this. Enjoy.

"You know you have to talk to him some day, right?"

Morgan takes a glance at my black phone screen that has been lighting up like fireworks for the past couple of weeks. A very familiar number has popped up numerous times. I haven't checked one message. I couldn't even bring myself to read a single text. It stopped abruptly since last tuesday. It's friday afternoon now.

"Since he grew tired of calling me, maybe I won't have to," I reply and cover my feet with a blanket on the couch.

Morgan doesn't seem to agree, but stays silent for a while.

"Why should I ever talk to him again? He is a married man."

His head turns to me. "You don't know that for sure."

"Oh sure, it's just that his wife told me."

He shakes his head and sighs. "Why don't you just hear him out. Maybe the divorce just isn't finalised yet. These things take a lot of time, Aria. Don't walk away because something didn't go according to your plan."

"Literally nothing with this man has been going according to any of my plans, Morgan," I tell him.

"But why does that matter? You love him. Get over it."

"It certainly is not that easy," I tell myself, rather than Morgan.

"Aria, it's been almost two months. You tell him to piss off or you let him speak. But you need to talk to him, either way."

I take a look out of the window, pressing my lips together.

"I just don't know what to do," I plead.

He shakes his head, lifting our mugs from the coffee table. "Do you miss him?"

I roll my eyes. "Of course I do, I mean we just fit together like we were made for it, you know?"

"TMI", Morgan shouts from the kitchen.

I cover my head with the blanket and groan. "But what if I answer his call and get dragged into this whole thing all over again?"

He frowns, carefully placing the mugs in the sink. "Dragged? My darling, as far as I know, you happily ran directly into the fire."

I pull a face and Morgan snickers.

"Listen, you never know for sure. You just don't. But whatever happened at that party, he will definitely have an explanation for it."

"And Aria, I've seen the way he looks at me, when he catches me talking to you."

"But why did he not tell me that he is in fact still married?" I ask him, expecting an answer that will magically release all this tension that has been building up since that party.

"I don't know, love. Maybe he was just scared. And maybe he was afraid of your reaction, of what you might think of him."

"And now everything is fucked," I complain. "I don't even think I would have understood."

Morgan naturally catches me lying and raises his eyebrows. "Of course you wouldn't have. How are you even supposed to understand? But maybe you would've forgiven him sooner."