So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings.

„You do know that this is very dangerous territory."

Downey's eyes scan the door of the club. With every swing of the door, the music is blasting out of the building. Green neon lights tell you to enter and enjoy, as we make our way across the street towards the entrance.

I look over my shoulder. "I thought you liked danger."

He growls and gives me a wicked glance. "I will hold you responsible then. But don't come for me later."

"I thought you liked it when I came for you," I say, trying to hold his gaze, knowing exactly what I am doing.

"You seem to be doing a lot of thinking lately," Downey says and grabs my arm, pulling me past the doorman inside the club. 

There has been a fire inside of me every second Sunday for the past two months, to the curtesy of him in particular. Every Sunday evening I have been spending hours getting ready, putting on the sexiest thing I could find, pulling it off and trying to find something less obvious. Something that won't scream "I've been having sex dreams about you for the past few months, please just make a move or I will die". But he hasn't made a move. He knows better than to just outright try. Knows that I won't just grant him access, because it did hurt me and I am trying to get over the fact that he didn't tell me he was still married. Even though that argument doesn't seem as convincing, when I look into his stormy eyes. The way he talked to me tonight almost made me just grab him over the table and kiss him right then and there. And the way he described what he might be thinking under the shower didn't make the urge go away. I didn't know, had just guessed it, tried shooting my shot and boy, did it strike. Right now he is looking quite unsure of what I plan on doing. Wary of my sudden open flirtation, which was a pain to hold back for so many weeks. And even though I did not plan the night to go this way, I would see it in his eyes. That hunger. The same one I hope to unleash later tonight.

The music is so loud that I cannot hear my thoughts, as Downey pulls me further into the club. I am reminded of the first time being here, with him. My mind reaches for all the moments of him dancing with me, moving to the music. Of his hands generously exploring my body, always on beat.

"You want a drink?" He shouts into my ear and a nervous shiver trickles down my back. Having him so close to me does not necessarily relax me. And it has been a while, since we've done anything but touch each other's hands. It was the agreement. A treaty, if you might say. No touching, no long lingering hugs, no intense stares and definitely no late night visits or showing up drunk at each other's doors. And it did go well, if I do say so myself. Up until now. Until tonight. I don't know what exactly happened, but maybe the idea of him not being legally tied to somebody else does have its appeal.

My head turns towards him and our eyes meet. We're so close that I can feel his hot breath on my skin. He smells of salty citrus and it makes my mind explore memories of him all over me. Of his body intertwined with mine, his mouth close to my ear, hot uneven breaths on my lips.

"I'll get some," I say and try to shake the memory from my head. "What do you want?"

"Don't care. Just keep it clean," Downey says.

"I think that's about the only time you'll ask me to do that."

The corner of his mouth twitches and his eyes turn dark. I almost feel his breath becoming unsteady, as if there was an invisible string attached to each of our bodies. Connecting us. Allowing him to know exactly what I've just been thinking about.

"I'm warning you." Downey mouths over the music and I hide my grin as I turn around and walk up to the bar.

The place is packed, all these people pushing and pulling. The bar is located in the back of the club and surrounded by glass doors, drowning out the music.