23

Rye and brook were cuddled together peacefully on brooks bed when suddenly the loud voice of Jack rung through the house as he came through the door. Pulling Rye up off of Brook and hugging him.

"Happy birthday rye!" Jack exclaimed only to be met with a tired groan from Rye who just walked off into his own bedroom to get dressed, he'd been quite happily cuddled with Brook, only to be reminded he was old. 

"Eh, better reaction than last year, c'mon now Brooky boy"

"Wha, what ?" Brook said waking from his sleep at the yelling. He looked around confused and tired, wiping his sore eyes but opening them slowly, only to be met with Jack sat on the edge of his bed awwing at him, helping Brook sit up, gently hugging him. 

" Sorry, B thought you were awake now c'mon get up it's Rye's 97th birthday!"

" What, no, it cant be, but I haven't gotten him anything?" Brook said confused. 

"D'worry do this" Jack said whispering an idea in Brooks's ear, Brook nodded and then Jack got up off the bed, going through Brook's wardrobe, picking clothes for him before throwing them on the bed.

"c'mon get dressed slow coach," Jack said whilst Brook stripped and got dressed quickly before the pair headed downstairs brook spotting Rye and immediately jumping on him, who caught Brook elegantly, spinning them both around. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYEEEE" Brook yelled hugging Rye close. 

They all then celebrated Rye's birthday, leaving presents till the evening playing games, even just dance was played, they had a lovely day and they even made a cake, which they all enjoyed when they did get to presents in the evening sat around a campfire in the garden watching the sunset, all sat casually but Brook who had about 4 fluffy blankets on him, chatting as Rye opened Presents, Rye was shocked at all the lovely thoughtful gifts his friends had gotten him when they were done all except Rye went on a hunt leaving brook and rye alone. 

After chatting for about 20 minutes Brook finally made his move, shakily climbing atop of rye, gently resting on his lap kissing the boy. 

"Rye I uh, rye will you, uh will you be my boyfriend? Please?" Brook asked softly, shakily. Rye took his boy's warm hand and kissed him whilst nodding, brook smiled and hugged his newfound boyfriend. 

Jack has good ideas.

Sometimes.