14

Jandy and Rye had gone on a hunt leaving Brook unprotected .

They didn't know or even consider the cost of leaving a human , alone, unprotected, but they soon would . They had not thought of that just left him . Assuming that he would just sleep through the night as they were out hunting. They'd done this soo many times before they hadn't even given it a second thought.

They were having a great time mucking around having a laugh, they were pushing each other into they were all covered in mud and then they heard a very, very, very, very faint squeal. At first, they ignored all looked to where it sounded from, confused but not overthinking it, carrying on with their previous activities, throwing themselves back into their playfight. 

However upon hearing another scream, this slightly louder, Rye began to worry, the scream sounded similar to one of Brook's, and suddenly the risk of leaving him all alone in a house tat to any other vampire clearly smelt like vampire's could have serious consequences for the small human. 

By the time the third scream ripped through the woods, they had all already agreed to go check on Brook however weren't rushing too much to get home, Rye had been the one to persuade the others extremely worried about Brook, the others knew Brook could protect himself quite well so weren't massively worried however when the third scream sounded they all began an extremely quick run, the sound had clearly been one Brook had made and they weren't going to leave him unprotected for another second.

They did not yet know what had happened to the boy they all loved .