Ch 8 Section 3

At the Hudson house...

Sam knocked on Evans' front door and a moment later, he opened it very timidly, "Yes?"

Angel peaked through, "Evan Hudson?"

"You ever been to a bar called Lloyd's?" Dean asked, "Would have been about ten years ago." Terrified, Evan slammed the door and latched it, "Come on, we're not demons!"

Sam turned to Dean with a huff, "Any other bright ideas?"

Dean stepped back, set himself, then kicked the door down in one go. They entered and chased Evan to another room where he locked himself in. Dean prepared to kick down that door too but Sam caught his leg, stopping him. Looking at Dean pointedly, Sam turned the handle and pushed the door open gently. The room was dead silent as they entered.

Angel looked around, "Evan?"

"Please!" Evan jumped out from behind a bookshelf, "Don't hurt me!"

"We're not going to hurt you, alright?" Sam held his hand out, pacifying, "We're here to help you."

Dean nodded, "We know all about the genius deal you made."

"What? How?"

"Doesn't matter." Angel dismissed, "All that matters is, we're here to help you."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"Well, you don't." Dean raised a brow, "But you're kinda running low on options there, buddy-boy."

Evan swallowed as he started pacing, "Can you stop it?"

"Don't know." Sam shook his head, "We'll try."

"I don't want to die."

Dean scoffed, "Of course you don't, not now."

Sam turned to him quietly, "Dean. Stop."

"What'd you ask for anyway, Evan? Huh?" Dean pressed angrily, "Never need Viagra? Bowl a perfect game? What?"

Evan looked up at him, "My wife."

"Right." Dean laughed, "Gettin' the girl. Well, that's worth a trip to hell."

Angel centered her little brother with a glare, "Dean enough already."

"No. He's right, I made the deal. Nobody twisted my arm, that... woman, or whatever she was, at the bar? She said I could have anything I wanted. I thought she was nuts at first, but... I don't know how to- I was desperate."

"Desperate?"

"Julie was dying."

Dean studied him, "You did it to save her?"

"She had cancer. They'd stopped treatment... They were moving her into hospice, they kept saying... a matter of days. So yeah, I made the deal, and I'd do it again. I'd have died for her on the spot."

Dean moved forward, "Did you ever think about her in all this?"

"I did this for her."

"You sure about that?" Dean advanced on him agitatedly, "I think you did it for yourself. So you wouldn't have to live without her. But guess what? She's going to have to live without you now, but what if she knew how much it cost? What if she knew it cost your soul? How do you think she'd feel?"