Ch 13 Section 4

Black demon smoke poured from the crypt, with individual trails of smoke haring off in different directions.

Dean yelled from behind a tombstone, "What the hell just happened?!"

"That's a devil's gate!" Ellen yelled back, "A damn door to hell."

"Oh great." Angel grumbled, "Freakin great."

"Come on!" Ellen demanded, "We gotta shut that gate!"

They all ran for the gates trying to close them. All except for Dean who checked the Colt for bullets.

"If the demon gave this to Jake... then maybe..."

Thunder crashed and the Yellow Eyed Demon appeared behind Dean. He flung the Colt out of Deans hand and into his own. Dean looked back at him, astonished.

"Boys shouldn't play with Daddy's guns."

He threw Dean into the air, where he hit his head on a tombstone and lied there unconscious.

Bobby, Ellen, Angel and Sam were still struggling to close the crypt door when Sam looked over and saw Dean down. When he looked over he saw Yellow Eyes who gave him a grin.

"Dean!"

Angel looked over and noticed as well then grunted with the pressure of the gate door when Sam took off.

"Sam! Don't!"

She sent Bobby a pained look and the hunter ran over to her side so she could take off after her brothers.

Yellow eyes threw Sam against a nearby tree, "I'll get to you in a minute, champ, but I'm proud of you- knew you had it in you." Dean was struggling upright so Yellow Eyes threw him against a post, "Sit a spell."

He then smacked Angel against a massive tombstone when she ran over. She grunted at the impact pushing the blackness aside when she hit her head.

"Oh, Angel... I gotta thank you. You see, demons can't resurrect people, unless a deal is made. I know, red tape- it'll make you nuts, but thanks to you, Sammy's back in rotation." He laughed, "Now, I wasn't counting on that, but I'm glad. I liked him better than Jake, anyhow. Tell me- have you ever heard the expression, 'If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is?'"

"Hm." Angel wheezed out a laugh, "That's a good deal to you? Please."

"Well, it's a better shake than your dad ever got, and you never wondered why? I'm surprised at you. I mean..." Yellow Eyes approached Angel to speak to her face-to-face, "You saw what your brother just did to Jake, right? That was pretty cold, wasn't it?" He chuckled, "How certain are you that what you brought back, is 100%, pure, Sam?" Sam and Dean both watch on in horror as now not only black demon smoke is flying around but ghosts as well, Yellow Eyes laughed again, "You should know sweet cheeks... that what's dead, should stay dead. Anyway... thanks a bunch. I knew I kept you alive for some reason. Until now, anyway. I couldn't have done it without your pathetic, self-loathing, self-destructive desire to sacrifice yourself for your family."

As Yellow Eyes cocked the Colt and aimed it at Angel, John Winchester's ghost grabbed the demon from behind. The body the demon possessed fell to the ground, gun still in hand, while John and the black cloud of demon smoke wrestled. The demon pushed him to the ground and entered the body once more. When he stood up, Angel was pointing the Colt at him, and shot him in the heart without hesitation. The demon then fell to the ground, dead.

Bobby and Ellen finally closed the gate doors and turned to see John. Sam and Dean both stood up to face their father, tears in their eyes and shock on their faces. John walked forward, and smiled at Angel, putting his hand on her cheek. They stared at each other, communicating silently about not only the demon finally being dead but about what was to come in the future due to the deal she made. Both were teary as the boys approached. Angel and John both look at them knowingly, lovingly, and the boys nod to him. He smiled and with another look at his daughter, John stepped back and disappeared into white light.