Eight

The dinner had already started, there were food, drinks, snacks and everything. Anty was there, mama (Rumaisa's mother), Mutassim, Madina, Salma, Saffiya, Saratu, Salam, Jabir, Rilwan and even Alhaji Ali Bature and now they were only waiting for their guests.

Meanwhile Fuad just got dressed, he wore a complete caftan and cap.
He came out of his quarters and went inside the main house.
"Where are you going?" Momi asks him immediately he got in.

Both she and Fatima were dressed up like they were meeting the president.
"I got invited somewhere with Hadiza" he informs her.
"You will have to cancel it" She says adjusting Fatima's necklace.

"But why? She's already waiting for me to pick her up".
"We were invited somewhere as well and you'll have to come with us. They are your father's exact words".

"It's better you listen to your mother" baba says walking inside the parlor. "You will be driving yourself and your sister, where are you going anyway?" He asks curiously.
"I'm meeting with Jabir Giwa at their house".
"That's where we're going" Fatima says excitedly.

"Okay. Ibrahim why not go pick Hadiza but He would still be going with his sister".
Fuad was confused. What the hell was going on?

"You better leave now so you can pick up the girl". Baba tells him.
Fatima grabs his hand and they walk out. Something didn't seem right. With baba it never did but this felt different.

:

Rumaisa got dressed and came out.
There were 5 chairs left, for Fuad and his parents. Things were going to unfold tonight, he's about to get the shock of his life.

Then Saffiya came and stood by her side.
"Are you excited?" She asks.
"Definitely, everything has to go as planned" she answers back.
"Wait baba told you?"
"Yeah he did"

"I'm surprised but I'm happy you're fine with it" She says before she walks away.

Baba comes out smiling from ear to ear.
"Salam go open the door for them, they are here".

Salam hurriedly left and came back a few minutes with baba's guests.
Baba walked over to them and welcomed them, shaking his hand.

Soon everyone was seated at the table, three seats still empty. Suddenly they heard laughter, a girl's voice.
Then Fatima Fuad's sister came in with her brother and his girlfriend walking behind them. He looked confused but looking handsome as usual.
They greeted baba and mama and sat down. Fatima seating across Fuad and I beside her.

"Thank you all for coming, we are sharing good news" baba said after everyone had eaten, the place became quiet.
"It's good to see everyone happy and we are thankful for your presence Mallam Ibrahim" Fuad's father just smiled.

"Now for the good news that has brought us all here".
"We are here for a marriage proposal between our two families" baba said.

"This marriage proposal between Fuad and Rumaisa".
Fuad looks at her shocked, she gasps but internally loving every single moment.

"Excuse me, what?" He asks shocked.
"Yes. You heard him right. You two are getting married and it's final, it's in three months".

Everyone looked surprised but Jabir looked disappointed, I never told him about this part of the plan because I knew he wouldn't support me.

"What?" Fuad asks disbelievingly "Is this some kind of joke?"
His mother glares at him.

"Excuse us"
He walks out holding Hadiza's hand, she looked too shocked to say a word. I'll be honest I kind of felt bad for her but it's not my fault either.

Now my problem is how I tell Zubair that I'm getting married to Fuad. The man has been nothing but caring and loving towards me.

But breaking up with him is the easy part.

:

3 hours earlier.

Fuad just got back from dropping Hadiza at home and came back immediately, he went to the main house to speak to his parents. They were all seated watching.

"You're back?I was waiting for you to get back so we could talk".
"Baba I cannot marry Rumaisa".

"And why is that?" He asks. "Tell me. Give me two good reasons and I swear I'll think about it and I'll make things right".
"I just can't. She hates me"

"Your mother hated me. And now we have three grown children".
"How are you sure it's going to be successful?"

"Addu'a, just pray. If things don't work out even after trying you can get married again, marry a girl you love and live for".

"What about Rumaisa?"
"I know you still like her Fuad, you might be in denial but everyone knows".

"I'm sure it will work out" Momi says glaring at baba.
"What about Fatima?" He asks.

"She's asleep. But we are thinking of setting her up with Rilwan".
"Baba don't. She's just 24 give her a year to get a suitable husband if that time passes then you can set her up".

He looks at him deeply.
"I will think about it as well. Now I want you to go and sleep you will have to meet Mutassim early tomorrow morning".

"Fine" He storms out.

: