Do you know Chloè?

Hi there, dear readers! I am so happy I finally got over the writer's block and can bring you this brand new chapter! Please let me know, what you think, alright?
Enjoy. ~

________________________

I was blasting out the Christmas song along with the car radio as if it wasn't just the middle of October, not giving a single fuck if I sing correctly ethier.
Because today I sang from pure happiness and not for business purpose.
So I could sing it wrong all I want.

My grandparents, at the other hand, were just smiling happily and laughing when I messed up really bad.

After my fourth song, I guess they had enough, my grandpa quickly jumped in with a question; "I still don't get why is Imogen calling this a wedding week when it's obviously Sunday today," he shook his head as he leaned to the front to hear my answer better.

"You know grandpa, my mum is a little bit crazy," I chuckled into the mirror just to get a light slap at the back of my head second later along with my nana's statement; "Edward! Don't speak about your mother like that!"
We all laughed.

"No...really...I guess the wedding week starts tomorrow, but the closest and most precious people have to gather around today." I shrugged my shoulders and checked their reaction in the driver's mirror, of course their honoured smiles gave away the hint it was the right answer.

***

When we a half an hour later came to our house it was even greater chaos than when I was leaving, on my way from door to kitchen I've met dozen of uncles, aunts, closest family friends, cousins etc.

"Moooom!" I groaned as I was entering the kitchen, confident that my grandparents are right behind me.
She looked up from kitchen table around which her, Jamie and two my aunts + Betsy (close family friend) were chirping happily while looking through Jamie's wedding planner. The look she gifted me was priceless, as if I was the most annoying bug ever.

"We are back from airport," I stated the obvious and smiled at her, proud of myself for once, because I proved her she doesn't have to treat me like baby all the time.

"We?" She raised her eyebrows at me as she removed her glasses from her face.

"Yes, me," I pointed on myself, still smiling, "and my grandparen-" I didn't get to finish it because the moment I turned around I saw no one there.

"Ed, sweety, did you lost your grandparents again?" My mum asked in dangerously slow tone, I turned quickly back to her and laughed nervously as I scratched the back of my head, "ehehehe... No! They entered the house with me.. I'm almost sure-"

"Almost?!" Mom's voice went higher, while everyone around that table couldn't keep from laughing, Jamie was laughing the most of them, almost weirdly freely around other people.

"I will find them! Do not panic! Jamie will you help me?" I got of myself quickly, voice scared a bit.

"Damn sure!" Jamie snored with laughter and before anyone, especially my mom, could do anything we ran away from the kitchen.

"Hahaha, they are sure proud to have a grandson like you," Jamie laughed at me the moment we reached the staircase.

"Oh fuck you, what about you and your 'wedding planner?" I mocked her and aired questionmarks in front of her face.

Jamie stopped laughing immediately, "what else do  you think I should do? Lose my grandparents?" She asked and bumped me into a shoulder, I almost yelped out loud after that, but luckily I did not I just sighed and then casually bumped her back.

Soon enough we were in the middle of childish fight as siblings do.

"Enough!" I yelled when I got away from her painful punches, "we have to find them! You go upstairs and I'll search it down here!" I commanded her, for a second there I thought she's gonna punch me straight to the face.

But strangely enough her face lit up with honest smile as she softly punched my shoulder once again, "it's good to have you back," she said before she turned and ran upstairs.

I got to the living room but thanks to all the closest people stuffed in there I was almost certain that my poor grandparents are lost forever.

Five small talks with family members, thirteen hugs, 7 awkward kisses and ton of "look who's back!" later I finally spotted those few white hair of my grandpa, he was at the right corner of the room.

But before I got there Marcus, tall hyspanic guy, Jamie's work-partner and best friend appeared in front of me out of nowhere.

"Hey, wassup, man?" He embraced me into the 'man-hug' with that hand and stuff I was still unable to learn to do without being awkward.

"Hey, Marcus! Nice to see you again, but if you'd-" I smiled, but Marcus didn't really pay attention to me because he turned all of the sudden to turn back a moment later with some girl.

I did not recognise her at first, and frankly I didn't even care in that moment.

Her hair were grey with black roots and she had beachy waves the shoulder length.
She was dressed in black jeans and silky pink shirt with grey sweatshirt over it.
She was an actual opposite of what I remembered.

It wasn't until she looked up to meet my eyes, that I realized it's her.
Because her eyes were still the same green and huge as I did remember.
And her smile were still so honest and pure as in those good old days we used to sit and talk for hours.

"Do you know Chloè?" Marcus asked, face honest and innocent like a lost puppy. He didn't have a clue about our past.
How could he anyway?

Do you know Chloè?

"Yes, we know each other, how you been, Ed?" She smiled at me, tucking her hair behind her ear, there was nothing fake in that, she genuinely seemed happy to see me.

What is going on?!?