19

Faith dropped Ariana off at her dorm, not wanting her to get in trouble for going about alone- even though she didn't care. She smiled to herself, thinking about Faith, but realized then that Mia wasn't in the room. Where is that pesky fly gone now? She thought to herself, but didn't further fret on it. She went to sleep, but couldn't find herself getting any as she thought about Faith. When she was between the state of being awake and the state of being asleep, she hear Mia enter. She let herself fall asleep before she could think about it.

*_*

The next morning, she inquired Mia why she had been out so late.
"I was with my boyfriend."
"Your boyfriend?"
"Yeah. He wanted to take me out after so many weeks."
"Did you two have sex?"
"What the hell? No!"
Ariana bit back a laugh. She had wanted that reaction, it would've been a shame if it had been any different.
"You see, half of the student population in this establishment was not here yesterday, but none of them returned at four in the morning, so I'm bound to thinking so."
"Well, don't. And even if we did, it wouldn't be any of your concern." Mia said stiffly.

Ariana left the room and soon met up with Faith. They talked for a while and came on the topic of jobs,
"I wanna be explore space someday."
"Cool, people are mostly attracted to space."
"Why? Are you not?"
"I want to be able to do something that would lead me to discover more about the oceans. We already know more about space than the sea."
"You just made me change my entire plan of becoming an astronaut after reaching 40."
Ariana chuckled, "It's up to you whatever you want to be, don't let me be in your way."
"No, it's decided now that I'll further explore the ocean with you."
Ariana didn't know if anyone would be able to do anything with her in the future. She changed the topic, "Did you know that starfish don't have brains?"
Faith looked at her weirdly. She started laughing. "What the hell? Where did that pop up from all of a sudden?"
Ariana had a warm fuzzy feeling settle in her when she listened to the sound of her laugh. That feeling grew when Faith put her arm over her shoulders, still laughing lightly. Ariana watched her with a smile of her own. She loved that laugh, and she wanted to hear it more often.
"You didn't give me my phone back yesterday." Ariana said.
"Oh right." Faith said as she grabbed Ariana's phone from her bag. It was a surprise she still had it there. Ariana took it and slipped it into her bag's side pocket.
"You're gonna take that to class?" Faith asked.
"Well, obviously I'm not going to go back to my dorm to keep it back, and I have a prefect friend that can get it back for me."
Faith stared at her, then looked away, mumbling something under her breath. She turned back saying, "Real good plan. I don't know if it'll go smoothly though." In a taunting manner.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕