Mr. Mathers' Tension

"Nah. Nuh uh, Gina." I said firmly. "What the fuck is this?" I asked, gesturing to the destruction before me. She glanced at the pile of broken ceramics and glass and shrugged before she responded.

"I figured it would be easier to clean it this way." She said, calm as fuck and like she hadn't just lost her damn mind. I stepped closer, slowly, because I hadn't seen her as angry as she'd sounded just moments ago and I had no idea if she was going to dive off the deep end right now.

"And why did all of your plates and glasses need to be shattered?" I asked and she huffed and avoided my eyes.

"I'm not ready to tell you that yet." She replied, biting on her bottom lip. I replayed the words I'd heard her say in my head, but I couldn't come up with a single reason for it that made any sense whatsoever.

"I can't read your mind, baby. You need to tell me what the fuck is wrong." I demanded.

She had been yelling at herself, not about me, so I was pretty sure that I hadn't pissed her off. Gina shifted on her feet and looked over my shoulder, now, still avoiding my eyes. I stepped closer, angling her chin so that she'd look at me and I felt my eyes widen as hers filled with tears. She crumpled before me, falling into my arms and clinging to me as I felt moisture soak my shirt. Still, she didn't say anything.

I picked her up and carried her to the bed, sitting her on my lap and rubbing her back as she cried. She wasn't sobbing or carrying on, but she was shredding my heart with her tears. I leaned down, nudging her face and she lifted it. I kissed her, tasting the salt on her lips as I squeezed her close.

"Tell me," I pleaded and she nodded.

"I fucked up, Marshall." She hiccuped and my body tensed. Please, God, I thought. Not cheating. I swallowed around the lump in my throat and spoke.

"How?" I asked quietly and she dug her head into my neck, her hands gripping me. She mumbled against me, but I couldn't hear her, so I shifted and leaned back.

"What?"

"It failed. You asked if I were protected and I was, but it failed and if I hadn't told you we were good-" she cut off her words, closing her eyes on more tears before looking into mine. "I'm so sorry. It's only been a couple of months, and you already have the girls and, fuck. I'm such an idiot." She rambled and it took me longer than it should to piece all of what she was saying into a complete picture. When I did, my words came out poorly.

"You didn't cheat?" I asked, relieved. But then, I saw the fire in her eyes as she thought I was asking if the baby were mine and I realized how fucking moronic I sounded.

"No!" I nearly shouted as she started to get off my lap. "I didn't mean that. I was just," I paused as I pulled her against me. "Fuck. I fucked this up." I muttered and took a big breath.

"When you said you fucked up, my mind went to my past, Gina. Those words can mean a lot of things." I explained and she stayed in my arms. She was still stiff, but she wasn't moving away, so there was that. I thought about what she'd said and done and I became confused.

"You were pissed when I came in. You don't want it?" I asked and she looked at her hands, deflating a little.

"I do want it. I just don't want to lose you." She said, so softly that I almost didn't hear it. My heart squeezed at the fear in her voice and all the doubts that had plagued me about how she felt about me, about us, evaporated. I smiled and shook my head, raising her chin to look in my eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere. I love you." I said and I watched as her eyes searched mine. Whatever she saw in them, it chased away the shadows because she tossed her arms around my neck and knocked me back on the bed, plastering me with kisses.

"I." She said as she kissed me. "Love." Another kiss. "You." Another kiss. "So." Another. "Much." Another. She was laughing as she straddled me and I joined in it, my heart at ease for the first time since I'd realized how much I cared for her. I gripped her waist and pulled her to the side so that I could lean over her on the bed, kissing her thoroughly as I held her to me.

"You and Sam are moving in." I demanded when I pulled back and she nodded, running a hand over my jaw as she did. I leaned down to kiss her again, pulling back to place a hand on her belly and look down before I captured her eyes once more.

"I'm going to do everything I can to do this right." I vowed and she smiled, placing her hand over the top of mine. "Which, uh, reminds me." I said with a sigh. Gina's brows came together in question, but she didn't ask. Instead, she waited for me to spit it out.

"I worked something up in the studio about you. It's going on the next album." I admitted and she cocked her head.

"Why do you look a little guilty?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I wasn't certain of how you felt about me. It shows." I said and she nodded.

"Well, then I'm just going to have to do better at showing you how I feel then, aren't I?"

A/N: Thus ends Marshall and Gina. The initial meeting between these two came from a request. I'm happy to do others, so if you have an idea you'd like me to tinker with, let me know. Until then, happy reading!