Marshall's Loss

Sunlight shone on my face from the window the following morning, making my eyelids appear red from behind their closed position. I stretched before opening them, feeling content and at peace. I'd slept better last night than I had in a long time and I knew it was all because of the quiet, warm woman snuggled into my bed. As my eyes opened, I looked to see her facing away from me, her naked back exposed to my sight.

After our romp, we'd moved to the bedroom. The intensity of our coupling left us both spent and so we'd just crawled into bed, our limbs tangled, as the night moved on. We must have slept, because I remembered waking in the middle of the darkness and moving to her side. I'd taken great pleasure in discovering that Ellie was a deep sleeper – I'd heated her body up to the point of aching before she'd even opened her eyes. Then, of course, I'd worked on making both of us burn.

As I slid my hand around her waist, pulling her ass and back into me while we lie on our sides now, I smiled at the thought. I dipped my head into the crook of her neck, her hair tantalizing me as I smelled her skin and placed a soft kiss at the top of her shoulder. I was so damn happy right now that I felt like bursting.

"Hmm," she murmured as I continued to nuzzle into her. I could spend the day like this, but I knew I had to head into the studio to deal with some problems that had arisen on one of the albums I was producing for another artist.

"I need to grab a shower and head in to work." I said against her, my hand lazily sliding over her. God, she was perfect. She turned to look at me and placed a light kiss to my chin, her eyes looking at me softly. I could get fucking used to that.

"Aright." She answered. "I'll get some coffee going for you." She offered and I smiled.

Perhaps I'd been relationships that had gone sour for too long, but I really appreciated little things. It wasn't huge, but having someone around who cared about your comfort was nice. Instead of speaking, I responded to the offer with a nod and a kiss to the corner of her mouth and then got up.

I stretched again as I stood, turning in surprise when I felt a small hand slap my naked ass. Ellie giggled at me as she rolled out of reach, her laughter warming my heart even as her action warmed other parts of me. I raised a brow and she made a shooing motion toward the bathroom.

"Go get clean," she instructed as she pulled on one of my shirts and walked out the bedroom door. I shook my head, smirking as I did. If I had the kind of time, I'd have drug her into the shower with me. I wouldn't forget her little love tap, though; I'd be sure to follow up on it when I could give it, and her, the proper response.

About fifteen minutes later, I was showered and dressed. I walked out into the main area of the house, the smell of coffee greeting me as I got closer and closer to the kitchen. When I got there, however, I didn't find my love sprite. Instead, Jonathon, a longtime security guard of mine, was lounging against the counter. He gave me a nod as I entered the room.

"Morning," he said, blowing on the caffeinated beverage coming from the pot that I assumed Ellie had put on. I frowned, looking around.

"Have you seen a woman around?" I asked as I reached out for the cup he offered me. He nodded, pausing to swallow the sip he'd taken from his mug before responding.

"Yep. Been a long time since you've needed me to handle that for you." He responded and cold dread rose within me.

In my younger years and in between the times I was married, it hadn't been uncommon for me to bring women home. Many of them never stayed the night, but along the way, there were some clingers. Since that was a bit of a security concern, Jonathon and one of my other guards had been given the instruction to see that the women were out the door and into a cab in short order so that I didn't end up getting sued or some other bullshit. Jonathon's statement could only mean that he'd taken Ellie for one of those and had kicked her out.

"Oh, fuck." I said, my voice raising. "How long ago?" I demanded as I started jogging toward the door. Jonathon didn't immediately respond and I looked over my shoulder. "How long ago did you kick her out!" I yelled.

"Five minutes, maybe?" He said, his expression confused.

I ran out the door, hoping that the short time meant that I had a shot at catching her. Prior experiences were that Jonathon would have the cab pick the women up outside the gates and down the road a little. It prevented angry females from throwing rocks through windows – or so the reasoning went.

When I got past the gates and to the road, I saw no one. Ellie wasn't there. I closed my eyes in frustration and fear, my hand raised to my head as I considered the effects of what had just happened. If she didn't believe me, didn't understand that it wasn't like that, I'd never hear from her again. Fuck, I didn't even know if she'd listen long enough for me to explain.

I ran back up the drive and inside, grabbing my phone and my keys as quickly as possible. Continuing my run, I pushed the button to speed dial Paul.

"Hey, Em. What's up?" He asked.

"I'm fucking screwed. That's what's up." I yelled as the Bluetooth took over the call when my car fired up. I revved the engine, taking the drive's corner too fast in my hurry to get to Ellie's place.

"What happened?" Paul asked, his voice concerned but not elevated. He's heard me lose it more than once.

"Fucking Jonathon kicked Ellie out of the house when I was in the shower!" I yelled, taking another corner a little hard.

"Fuck," Paul muttered. He may not have known before how bad I had it for this woman, but he knew enough that if I was going crazy like this now, it was serious.

"I'm on my way to her now." I said, my voice just below a yell now. "You have to cancel whatever shit is happening at the studio today." I demanded. "Once I find her, I'm not fucking leaving her side until she forgives me." I vowed, knowing that even if she did, I'd spend the whole fucking day making it up to her.

"Alright, calm down." Paul said. "I'll get the studio under control and have folks move things around. You go take care of your girl." I didn't say anything as I hung up, wondering if after this fucking disaster the girl would ever be mine.