Marshall's Regret

We settled into the couch in the living room and turned on the T.V., but I couldn't tell you what we watched. It was some movie with enough comedy in it that it caused Ellie to laugh, which took over my whole interest. At first, we were just sitting next to each other, my arm around the back of her head along the edge of the couch. Not long into it, however, Ellie grabbed a blanket off the rocker in the room and came back to snuggle in.

Her head rested against my chest as she pulled the blanket up over our lower halves, her legs coming up beside her on the couch. My arm slipped down to rest along her back, my hand finding a home at her waist. I smiled as she slid her closer arm around my waist behind the couch and put her right hand near her chin on my chest. Once she was settled, she turned back to the T.V. to watch the show, while I just sat there, enjoying the smell of cinnamon and the soft feel of her slight curves.

Ellie's curves were proportional to her small frame. She wasn't an hourglass - there wasn't junk in her trunk nor was she bursting out of her top. However, she was soft and shapely and I couldn't find anything about her that I thought wasn't just right as I cuddled with her.

I couldn't get over that in my head. There's a lot that I do and have done with women, but cuddling wasn't high on the list. Somehow, though, when Ellie had suggested it, I didn't hesitate. Frankly, anything that had me staying with her was something I was down for.

At nearly the end of the movie, I noticed that Ellie had been quiet for a little while. I tilted my head to look down at her and found that she'd fallen asleep on me. That she felt comfortable enough with me to do so was a boost to my ego. I shifted, intending to pick her up and take her to bed to make her more comfortable, but she protested.

"I'm just taking you to bed, baby." I murmured, but she shook her head sleepily.

"I sleep out here. No heat back there." She said, her voice husky. I frowned, noticing that the air in the living room was far from warm, but nodded.

"Alright, then let's lay down." I offered and she stood, rubbing her eyes for a minute while I stretched out and then opened my arms. She climbed back into them, bringing another smile to my face as her head found a place in the crook of my neck.

"Hmm. You smell good." She said against the skin there, bringing goosebumps to the surface of my skin. I didn't say anything. Instead, I hummed at her as I settled the blanket over us and pulled her close.

In no time, her breathing evened out and I could feel the huff of air pushing against me as we lie in the quiet of her living room. Outside, the sounds of Detroit told me that the world was still awake, despite the late hour. I registered it with disinterest, however, as my eyes slipped closed and I, too, fell asleep.

---

The next morning, I woke to the sounds of movement in the kitchen. I sat up, stretching my body to release the kinks from sleeping on the couch, and looked around. When I pulled out my phone, I noted that it was about seven in the morning. Running a hand over my face, I stood and moved toward the sounds in the other room.

When I got to the kitchen, I found Ellie's back facing me. She was putting bread into the toaster and had the coffee pot going, a pan of eggs on the stove. She shivered and ran her hands over her arms as she waited for the coffee to finish percolating. On the sight, I tagged my hoodie up and over my head, settling my shirt before I walked up to her and pushed it into her hands from behind her. She turned with a smile, the one that turned my insides upside down, and shook her head. 

"It's okay," she said quietly and I shook my head in response.

"Just wear it." I demanded and she nodded and pulled it on. I wear my hoodies a little on the large side, which meant that Ellie was drowning in it. I couldn't help the smirk that came to me as I saw the result. Ellie laughed as she looked down, shaking her head.

"I look ridiculous." She said, her voice carrying her humor. I walked toward her, shaking my head as I did.

"Nah. You look perfect." I denied as my hands came to her waist. "Fuck it." I muttered as I gripped her and lifted her up.

I set her ass on the counter and stepped in between her legs, my arms on either side of her as I bent my head. I took the bottom of her earlobe into my mouth, running my tongue along it. Her hands came up to my chest as I did and I felt the shudder run through her and the quickening of her breath as I nipped at her skin.

"Go out with me." I demanded as I moved down to her neck. Her hands moved around to my back as I continued to kiss her skin, finally tasting her.

"When?" She asked, her soft voice breathy. I rewarded her response with a harder suck to the patch of skin just behind her ear before I responded.

"Friday. I'll pick you up at seven." I replied as I continued. She must use a cinnamon shampoo, because the smell was stronger under the curtain of her hair as I continued my ministrations.

"Yes." She whispered as her hands gripped my skin harder when I nipped at her again. I smiled into her neck before I pulled back to look at her, though I kept my body in her space.

"Good." I said as I handed her my phone. Her lips turned up into that smile again and I nearly groaned to see it. It was a little like getting an electric shock every time she did that. I felt it right in the solar plexus and loved every moment of it. When she'd finished putting her number in my phone, she looked back up at me. 

"I should butter those before the toast is too cool to melt it." She said, pointing to the toast that had popped up while I'd attacked her neck.

I nodded and stepped back, letting her jump from the counter to do as she'd indicated. She stirred the eggs while she was at it and in no time, breakfast was ready. I nodded my thanks as she handed me a plate and we ate in silence, though I pulled her stool over and put one leg behind her onto the rung so that my knee was touching her back as she ate. Just as we finished, my phone rang. I pulled it out, seeing that it was Paul, and answered. 

"Yeah?" I said and waited while he told me about the plans for the next few days. I nodded and ran a hand over Ellie's back, wanting to touch her more because I knew I had to leave in a minute. When I hung up with Paul, I sighed and looked at her.

"I have to go." I said, regret clear in my voice. She nodded and took my plate to the sink. I walked up behind her and turned her toward me. I gave her a kiss to the cheek and stepped away, cupping her other cheek with my hand. I left her in the kitchen as I walked out of her house, my steps lighter even if my guts were heavy at leaving her so soon.