Marshall's Secret

It was finally Friday and I could hardly wait to see Ellie. All day, I'd regretted telling her that I'd pick her up in the evening. When I'd asked, I hadn't realized how much I'd want to see her and how tortuous it would be to spend an entire morning and afternoon anticipating it. Now, however, as I walked toward the path up to her place, I was finally going to be able to scratch the itch that was digging at the back of my brain.

When I got to her door, I knocked and shifted on my feet. Just moments later, Ellie opened the door with that damn small smile on her face. I'd told her to wear something comfortable for being outdoors, and she'd managed to come through with the kind of thing that wanted me to spend the remainder of the night indoors. I took her in as she gestured for me to come inside, noting that her jeans fit closely and accentuated her ass while her soft-appearing sweater dipped to show one shoulder. Fuck, I was going to be distracted all night by that shoulder.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly. "I just need two more minutes." She continued and I nodded.

She sat in her rocker and put on some strappy shoes that gave her a couple more inches in height. Even with them, she was still ridiculously small and I couldn't help the smile that came to my face as I looked at her. She was a practically a sprite.

Ellie stood and swung her bag across her chest and then smiled at me, indicating she was ready to go. For the life of me, however, I wasn't. I'd gone days without seeing her or smelling her skin and I wasn't going back outside until I'd had my cinnamon fix. So, I grabbed her around the waist and lifted her against me, pulling her legs to wrap around me as I did. She gave a startled squeal and I laughed at the sound.

"I can't go outside without first giving you a proper greeting." I said as I leaned forward and kissed her.

Ellie's hands came up to the back of my head as our parted lips met over and over, her tongue and mine playing peek-a-boo with each other in a sensuous, slow kiss that hinted at what could be between us. She even tasted like cinnamon, only instead of the spice, it was the candy. The contrast of her soft lips and tongue with the fire of the taste was fucking destroying me in the best of ways.

I kept her up and against me as I pulled back, tracing a line of kisses from just below her ear and over to the shoulder that was exposed from her sweater. I breathed in the scent of her as I did, enjoying every bit of having her this close. If the evening went as hoped, I'd be sleeping with her in my arms again.

Ellie shivered as I placed the last kiss on her shoulder and let her down. Her chestnut hair was down and she pulled some of it behind her ear, teasing me with her neck. Although I knew I could spend hours just appreciating the skin I could see above her sweater, I wanted to take her where I'd planned before I got too carried away. I was anxious to see if she liked it as much as I hoped she would.

"You ready to go?" I asked and she nodded and tagged my hand, slipping her fingers between mine and holding my arm with her other hand. We walked out and I paused as she locked the door before we moved toward my car.

"What's on the agenda tonight?" She asked as she stepped in and I waited until I was into the driver's seat before I responded. I grabbed her hand, securing it between us as I pulled out into the street, and then answered her.

"I'm taking you to a pony." I said and Ellie laughed, no doubt thinking I was joking. The sound of that laugh was easily moving up in my mind as one of my favorite things.

Ellie leaned back in the seat, looking over the lights of Detroit as I drove. The silence was comfortable; there was something about the quiet that Ellie exuded that just left you feeling like talking wasn't necessary. I loved it; she settled me.

When I pulled into a warehouse area that was a little off the beaten track, Ellie sat forward and looked around, her chocolate eyes interested. I parked my car before a large, metal structure that looked like it housed nothing, but I knew what was behind those doors and spread into the acres behind it. Ellie looked at me with curiosity as I pulled her inside.

As I'd suspected it would, the smell of the hay gave it away. I watched as Ellie's eyes widened with disbelief and then happiness as I paid the woman at the front for access deeper into the building. Once paid, we swung through a door and Ellie grinned and squeezed my arm, her whole body thrumming with her excitement.

"You got me a pony!" She said and I chuckled.

After our call, I'd done some research and found that this place had a petting zoo and some carnival style rides out the larger, bay doors to the back. In essence, it was like those traveling fairs that set up shop for a few weeks and then move on. This company, however, had made a profit out of staying put. When Ellie had teased about wanting a pony, I'd made sure that they had one she could meet. As I looked into her sparkling eyes, I knew I'd done right.

Ellie pulled me over to the nearest corral, her excitement bubbling out of her as she reached into the pen to pet the pony that was standing near the fence. The animal snuffled at her hand and nudged her, causing Ellie to laugh with delight. I handed her some of the treats that the lady at the front had given me when I paid and she offered them to the animal, her eyes taking in every movement. When it had finished its treats, Ellie turned and threw her arms around me.

"Best. Date. Ever." She said into my chest as my arms came around her. I lowered my head to smell the cinnamon of hers and placed a kiss there. When she looked up at me, I jogged my head to the other end of the building.

"They have rides, cotton candy, and all that other shit out there." I explained.

Ellie nodded and we turned, my arm around her waist as we walked out the bay doors and into the Detroit air. Although it was October, the evening wasn't too cold right now, which meant that Ellie had left her coat in my car. Her shoulder did just as I thought it would: it tortured me. The smooth skin there was a magnet that my eyes couldn't help but find time and again as I worked to rein in the need to kiss it.

For the most part, I managed to control the urge. However, there were times during the evening when I couldn't stand it any longer and I bent to taste her skin once more, the flavor of her far superior to the cotton candy that we'd purchased as we enjoyed the night. After we'd gone on most of the rides and eaten far too much junk food, I took her back to my place.

Ellie gave me a look when I pulled in and stopped the car, but she didn't ask. Instead, she waited for me to explain myself. I looked at the house and then to her before I did, letting a breath go as I spoke.

"Stay with me tonight." I pleaded, knowing that I sounded whipped, but I couldn't help it. The twin desires to have her in my arms and have her safe had melded into the simple demand. Ellie looked at my place and then back to me, her small smile gracing her features as she nodded.

"Okay."