Interview with the Alpha

Jen called me in sick from school, leaving me to spend the rest of the day watching daytime TV while sitting on the couch surrounded by my new co-Protector duo.

"You guys can leave, really. I am fine! I feel completely normal." I said for maybe the hundredth time. Xavier was leaning against the living room wall with his arms crossed over his chest like a concerned Dad. Chase took position in the kitchen, pacing back and forth and only stopping to check that I was still okay before returning back to the pacing. I rolled my eyes, leaning against a pillow and curling my knees to my chest. While my body still ached all over, and my eyes felt heavy and tired, I did feel relatively normal. As normal as I could be considering the fact that it was only a matter of hours before the Alpha was knocking outside my bedroom window. 

"Do you need more water?" Xavier asked, appearing behind me. 

"I am perfectly capable of getting my own water." I told him matter-of-factly. 

"He's not going to leave you alone, he'll be back." Chase muttered under his breath. His pacing back and forth was starting to make me dizzy.

"And worrying about this isn't going to change anything!" I called over my shoulder at him. 

"You're right." Chase replied, and the pacing stopped. I paused the TV, thankful to no longer be hearing Chase's shoes clicking against the kitchen floor. Both Xavier and I looked back at him, wondering what could possibly be going through his head. "So you better be prepared." Before I could get a word out, Chase was hurling a knife at my face. 

Xavier tackled me onto the floor, knocking me off the couch as the knife plunged directly into the TV. My head banged against the rug, with Xavier's warm body pressed against mine. "You've got to be f*cking kidding me." My mouth gaped open in shock, looking at my newly damaged TV.

"What was that about?" Xavier yelled, pushing himself off me and staring back at Chase. His face burned bright red and he clenched his fists at his side.

"We've slacked off on training her, and she's clearly more powerful than we realized so it's now time to figure out what our little blondie is capable of." Chase said almost nonchalantly, as if he hadn't just thrown a knife at my face.

"You want to see power?" I asked, standing up shakily from the floor. I was still feeling the effects of being drained from earlier, but Chase's little stunt had relit a fire inside of me. Xavier reached over to help me stand, but I pushed him off of me. 

"Show me what you got, babe." Chase winked at me from across the room. 

 Without even having to think about it, I raised my arm up. The power coursing through me felt like a million needles poking into my skin, making my hand feel numb and my fingers tingle. I tossed Chase upwards so that his back was pinned against my ceiling, his body floating in mid-air as I held him there. "How's that, babe?"  I asked, dropping my arm, and when I did, so did Chase. He hit the floor with a loud thud. 

Xavier let out a low whistle from behind me. 

I stepped over Chase's legs, as he regrouped himself and headed towards the front door. "Now, get out--both of you." I said, holding open the door and tapping my foot impatiently. "You don't get to destroy my TV and stay in my house."

"That's the first time I've seen you deliberately use that much power, and you want us to leave?" Chase asked, rubbing his nose which was bruised from slamming into the floor. 

"You threw a knife at my head." I said through gritted teeth. "What if Xavier hadn't knocked me out of the way?" 

"You would've been fine." Chase rolled his eyes at me. "You clearly have the power, you're just choosing not to use it."