Mrs Orange continued searching for what she was looking for, "That's the thing Julia, there is no objective." She answered. Julia creased her eyebrow in confusion.

 On the board on the wall left of me, was written there our project this week.

 With projects, Mrs Orange usually writes down our objectives on Monday, and by Friday we should turn our projects in. Sometimes it's group or partner projects, but other times like now, it's a solo-project.

There it was on the board where our assignments usually were. But instead, was written a simple word. Solar.

 Julia frowned slightly, "But-"

 "For this assignment, and for a few others, i'm no longer giving you objectivity. You'll find out on your own." Mrs Orange observed a canvas, trying to find whatever mark her eyes searched for. 

 "But how?" Julia tilt her head. 

 "Everyone..!" Mrs Orange suddenly calls out. Now the other students who were doing whatever had paid attention.

 Mrs Orange sat the canvas she had down and faced the class.

 She was tall, skimpy. Her hair in a messy big bun on top of her head, wrapped and tied by a handkerchief. She faced the class, "Can someone tell me...what is art?" She began to slowly pace, the thing most teachers do.

 Everyone was quiet. 

 "..Don't answer by thinking. Don't answer by facts or books or whatever you read about online. Can someone give me their own, personal view on the definition of art?" She asked.

 I made a bubble inside my mouth and thought hard. As we stood there, I realized no one else was going to answer so I decided to sacrifice myself and my pride. So I raised my hand.

 Mrs Orange's eyes snapped towards me, "Jasmine?" She picked me. Lordt.

 "Um, art is the expression of human imaginative and creative thinking in visual form..?" I tense a bit. Geez I hate attention so much.

 "Don't ask me. You answered that from your perspective right?" She pointed at me and raised her eyebrows. I nodded.

"And you're correct.." She continued.

 "..Art is a form of creativity. That is why there is no objective. I wrote, a single word, and now I want to see how my students follow on that word. This simple word could mean so many things, thousands and thousands of ways to create something, from the brain.." She used both index fingers and pointed them at her temples.

 "..now think for me class. When you hear the word solar, what is the first image that comes to mind....? THERE! Stop there...what you just pictured just now, is your very own objective. Your creativity is your limit. Now show me how far you can go." She smiled.

 I grinned, heartfelt from her speech.

 The first thing I thought of was the solar system. I wondered if anyone else thought the same. If i'd have the same idea as anyone or everyone else. I didn't want to let Mrs Orange down, nor myself importantly.

 Everyone had got back doing what they were doing. Mrs Orange's eyes finally met me, "Ah! Jasmine..! You must want your canvas right?" She asks. I nodded. She turned around and faced the mess of canvases unfinished by the rest of the art students who didn't come this morning. She looked around for mine, humming. Then she stopped, "Ah! Gotcha!" She grabbed my canvas and turned and handed it to me.

 I took it. "Just to let you know, Jasmine.." She said, stopping me from going to my stool just yet.

 "..you're a very wonderful artist. You've improved alot. I'm proud of you." She gave me her very own proud motherly smile. I gave her a smile back, nodding, "Thank you." I then took my canvas and went to my seat.