Chapter 28 - Snowflakes and Taxi Brakes

A/N: DISCLAIMER.

THIS IS NOT A HOLIDAY/CHRISTMAS THEMED CHAPTER. ITS TOO EARLY FOR THAT. (I like to wait until December, and when Christmas starts too early, it makes me #saltysam)

I was shovelling the almost LITERAL MOUNTAIN of snow in my driveway this morning, and I had a soft snow themed chapter in mind. (While I was shovelling the snow, I ended up lying in the driveway for almost a half hour thinking about how Aizawa Sensei from aboli No Hero Academia can't cancel Hagakure's quirk since she's invisible [meaning that Hagakure has no visible eyes, and since Aizawa Sensei can't see her eyes, he can't cancel her quirk. #snowshovellingthoughts])

Trigger warning!

Just kidding. This is a soft chapter, so get your uwus ready and snuggle up. (Or buckle up. I can't tell you how to live your life.)

Enjoy the chapter!

Y/N POV

Snow.

We don't usually see a lot of snow in Florida, but in the winter, my friends and I go up to the place famous for being called ski country.

Vail has always been may favourite ski spot, with Breckinridge being a close second. The mountains are gorgeous in Colorado, and there's plenty of snow everywhere, so that makes it a perfect place to be around the holidays.

Of course, it's not the mountains that make it so perfect. It's the fact that all my friends get to come with me. We stay up there for two months in a winter cabin. Vail has some of the best views, best slopes, and we have the place to ourselves. It's perfect.

We've been coming up here since my friends and I were kids. Xavier has a father who is overseas, but he's never able to visit, and Jason lives with Xavier because he was separated from his family, so they don't have to ask anyone's permission. Xavier does Skype his dad on every holiday, and his dad always answers because he cares so much. In a few years, he's going to be coming back, so that's good at least. F/N's parents let her spend time with us a lot, she practically lives with us, so her parents let her come with us to Colorado. They stop by for a week at our cabin to spend time with F/N during Christmas though, so there is that.

Despite being as close as we possibly can be to the slopes, we don't always ski while we're up here. Skiing is fun and all, but it would be boring to do that 24/7 for over two months. We do our homeschooling during the week, we go to the movies, we go to penny arcades, shopping malls, and lots of other places to hang out. Plus, we are also very close to the Arabelle, a really fancy hotel surrounded by stores, restaurants, taverns, and the building all have this gorgeous tan stone finish that looks worn down after standing tall for many years. The pathways are also incredibly intricate, with no cars, and beautiful stone walkways and bistro tables sitting outside various establishments. Its also fun to watch people go up and down on the ski lift that doesn't actually take you to a ski area. It takes you to this special area where families can take part in special event. The Arabelle is like a miniature town, and it also happens to have the ski shop we frequently go to. Of course, while we are up here to ski, not all of us actually use skis. Xavier, Jason and I all snowboard, while dad and F/N use skis.

We've just gotten back from walking around the Arabelle, and we're now at the cabin. Xavier, F/N, Jason and I are all looking for things to do today, all while sipping on the drinks we got at one of the coffee places at the Arabelle.

"Y/N, I can't believe that you got a cold drink in the middle of winter! How were you not freezing cold out there?" Xavier asks. "If I hadn't given you my hoodie, you would've frozen to death."