Chapter 15 - Cookie Crumbs and Flashbacks

A/N: Hello, friends.

Thank you all so much for 3K reads! Thank you for supporting my story, even though it's trash (like me lol).

Feels warning, just in case! It's nothing too serious, just some emotional moments, but please keep this in mind while reading.

Ok, enjoy the chapter.

~Sam :)

Patton POV

Today is special.

I just received the package I needed for today. I want to surprise everyone with it, so I can't let anyone see. I run up the stairs and into my room to hide it.

Which is what would've happened if everything went according to plan.

Instead, I run up the stairs and see Y/N and Toby staring at me.

"Mr. Patton? What's that?" Y/N asks.

"I-it's nothing, Y/N! Just something I need to set up for... for..." I frantically look around the hallway, looking for something I can use to hide the surprise a little longer.

Suddenly, my eyes land on Toby.

"Toby! I mean, it's a surprise for Toby, but I have to set it up first." I say, flustered.

"Can I help?" Y/N asks.

"N-no, it's too dangerous. You leave that to me. Ok, Y/N?"

"Ok."

"Good. I have to go set it up now, so, excuse me!" I run inside my room as fast as I can.

I slam the door behind me and set the box on the floor.

"Phew. That was close."

Y/N POV

Mr. Patton slams the door to his room behind him. Toby and I exchange glances.

"What was that about?" I wonder.

Toby walks over to Mr. Patton's door and starts sniffing it. I walk over towards Toby. He starts pawing at the door. There must be something in Mr. Patton's room that he wants!

I gently open the doorknob so I don't make any noise. Thankfully, Mr. Patton forgot to lock his door, so we can go inside. I tell Toby to be quiet, and we go inside.

Mr. Patton's room is littered with stacks of boxes. I can't understand some of the words on them, but I know enough to realise that most boxes held baking supplies at some point. The other boxes are filled with craft supplies that are in pastel colours.

Toby sits next to me as we hide behind some of the boxes around Mr. Patton's room. I see Mr. Patton taking a round metal object out of a big brown box. The object is mostly pale blue, with silver and white accents. I assume it's to match the colour of Mr. Patton's room, which is pastel blue.

I take a moment to look at my surroundings. Mr. Patton's room is pastel blue. There is pale wood flooring all over the ground, and the walls are baby blue. One side of the room has a bed with blue and white sheets, the nightstand and bed frame match the pale wood floor, and there is a picture of Mr. Thomas, Mr. Roman, Mr. Logan, Mr. Patton, and Mr. Virgil over the bed. The picture frame says "famILY" on it. Next to the bed is a small closet. On the other side, there is a mini kitchen with white marble counters. There's a stove with a matching microwave and cabinets that are all baby blue, white and silver. There are little blue towels hanging off of the oven handle, and there is a refrigerator, almost the size of the one in the downstairs kitchen, in the corner, as well as a pantry. Here is also a dishwasher next to the oven.