Chapter 27 - The Devil's Train

A/N: I'm taking on a new story format. Tell me which one you prefer! I think this one just looks neater.

The beginning section is meant to be in italics for spooky Halloween plot purposes so that you're not 100% lost later. Character 1 has plain italics and Character 2 has bold italics to make it distinguishable.

By the way, I urge you to remember the colours of everything in this chapter. It might be a little helpful.

??? POV

"Hmm. Weird that you of all people would want to work with me, especially after everything. You sure you want to go through with this?"

"Absolutely. Just make sure that everything goes according to plan. Just know that I still don't trust you."

"Whatever. As long as I get my prize...."

"Don't worry. You'll get your little present after this is all done. Just follow my lead and everything will fall into place."

"You're really committed to this! You sure you're ready to embrace the evil, even if it's just for one night?"

"Trust me. This has nothing to do with evil. This whole night is just a game. Believe me, this is going to be a night to remember."

"Well then. Do we have a deal?"

"I believe we do, old fiend. I believe we do."

Y/N POV

"Alright! Everyone listen up!" I yell as I stand of top of a bench.

"Today marks the day where we become more than what we are on the outside. We show our true colours, and strike fear into the hearts of everyone while doing so. We are going to seize the day, seize this moment, with no certainty of things being the same again. Are you ready to march, soldiers?!" I yell again.

"Yeah!" Xavier, Jason, and F/N yell in response.

"I can't hear you!"

"Yeah!"

"Then we're going to break our wallets, and make our parents bank accounts beg for mercy. Let's march on into that store and find the best Halloween costumes ever!"

Dramatic speeches aside, Halloween is easily one of the best times of the year. Pop up stores, candy, and most of all, costumes. Every year, my friends and I make a gigantic trip to one of the pop up stores, and we try to find the best stuff we can for our costumes.

My boyfriend, Xavier, works at an escape room on the north end of town. He's able to get us in for free, and since he doesn't have the all night shift, he can join us. Of course, until then, Xavier, Jason, F/N and I will be going trick or treating. That is, until Xavier has to leave for his shift at the escape rooms.

Until then, we have costumes to shop for. We already ordered our costumes online, but the best place to get the accessories is at the Halloween stores, so we go there to finish our costumes. This year, we are all going as zombie-hunting lifeguards (shoutout to @AyriannaODetteMacLar for the idea!), since we wanted to do something simple, but still Halloween-y.

We grab a cart on the way in, and my first thought is to jump in. F/N jumps in after me, and Jason and Xavier are pushing the cart through the store at top speed. No one else is here since everyone is at school at this hour, and it's Tuesday, so we have the store to ourselves.

Halloween is tomorrow, but there is still a lot of stuff, so we're taking advantage of it now.

"Okay, gang. Listen up. We need the following things for our costumes: fake blood, whistles, wigs- oh wait, they've been snatched, never mind-, makeup pallets, and fake scar kits." I say.