Chapter 14 - Birthday Puppy Love

A/N: As the title suggests, this is going to be such a soft, pure and adorable chapter. (It's probably not what you're thinking, as this fanfic does not contain any ships. Well, not between the sides, besides Platonic LAMP/CALM.)

In case you were wondering, Yes, I am screaming while writing this.

And yes, this is a special birthday chapter to celebrate Thomas' birthday.

If not, then enjoy the chapter!

~Sam :3

Y/N POV

Today is an exciting day.

I have no idea why, but I was just told that it is.

Well, I wasn't exactly told so. Mr. Patton was squealing while jumping up and down at breakfast this morning and almost burnt himself on the stove, so I thought that something exciting was happening today.

I was told by Mr. Thomas that today was going to be a surprise, so I guess we're going somewhere today.

"Y/N, are you ready?" Mr. Patton says.

"Mr. Patton, why are you so excited?" I ask.

"I have no idea! No one would tell me anything." He replies.

"Yeah. That's because you would probably ruin the surprise out of excitement, Padre." Mr. Roman says from across the room.

"That's fair." Mr. Patton says as he continues to squeal.

~time skip~

Y/N POV

I'm currently blindfolded but know that we are standing in front of something. My blindfold is suddenly removed and I see where we are.

"Welcome to the Humane Society, Y/N." Mr. Thomas says. "Today, we are adopting a pet, and we decided to let you chose which one we take home."

I run inside and start to look around at all the animals. There are mostly dogs and cats here, and I know that Mr. Thomas is allergic to cats, so I go over to the section with the dogs.

I start looking around and see so many cute dogs everywhere, but none that really interest me. A Lot of them walk up to the edge of their cages and stare at me, others hide, and some are asleep.

"Found anything yet, Y/N?" Mr. Thomas asks.

I shake my head and continue to look around at all the dogs. I see one that's all white and I run over to look at it.

The puppy looks up at me. I touch the cage, and the puppy touches my hand as if it were giving me a high five. I look into the dog's eyes, and he looks into mine. I read the sheet on the left of the cage. It has all of the information about the dog. (A/N: For this instance only, the information sheet about the puppy will be in bold, also the canon date of this chapter is April 24th, Thomas' birthday.)

Name: Tobias (also responds to Toby)

Age: 6 Months Old (in human years)

Gender: Male

Breed: German Shepard

Fur Colour: White

Eye Colour: Black

Birthday: October 5th, 2017

Medical Information: Albino, has scratches on hind quarters from being abandoned in an alleyway

Extra Information: N/A

I look back over at Tobias. He's still looking at me.

"Hi, Tobias. My name is Y/N." I say.