[𝟔] 𝐬𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

i finished my 3 songs, took a 90 degree bow, and walked off the stage, allowing the next person to be introduced.

"let's welcome asia's r&b prince, dean!" i heard the announcement and turned around as fast as a whiplash. dean was here? i thought before i remembered gyujeong's words: "other record labels will be there."

i couldn't tell if i was nervous, scared, or happy. how could one guy make me feel this rush of emotions? i truly had it bad. my head was telling me that it was too soon. i had only met him three days ago, but my heartbeat increased whenever i saw him.

no. not gonna happen. we were in the music industry. business had to come before pleasure. my parents sent me here even though they were against it. i wanted to make them proud. dating dean would stir up drama and the press would get involved and ruin everything. overall, the outcome wouldn't be good.

"uhh, hyorin? you good?" i snapped my head back around to see gyujeong look at me curiously.

"yeah, i'm fine. why do you ask?"

"well you've been standing there for quite some time."

"oh shit. sorry. i just zoned out," i facepalmed myself.

"you don't have to apologize. i don't own the ground. i was just wondering."

"ugh. i'm an idiot. i'll just execute myself now. goodbye, world," i exaggerated and held the back of my hand to my forehead, pretending to faint. gyujeong played along by placing a hand on my back and supporting me as a dipped backwards.

"shut up, pabo. why are you being so dramatic tonight?" he questioned whilst setting me back into a standing position.

"uh? what? nothing's wrong," i responded unconvincingly.

"let's go get some coffee, liar. maybe then you'll tell me what's going on." he dragged me by my wrist, towards the exit.

"wait! wait! what about my car?" i asked as we halted to a stop.

"hand me your keys." i did as told and he took them and ran off. i honestly thought he just stole my car keys until he came back to inform me that hwimin was going to drive my car home for me.

he continued to drag me out to his car almost like a kidnapper, which i let him know and got pinched in return. once we got inside the car, he drove me to a café a little outside of seoul, one that i've never been to before. apparently, he has been there numerous times because as soon as we walked in, the employees greeted him and rushed us to a table. i order a hot chocolate while he ordered a café latte.

"wow. someone's a big shot," i remarked with a smirk, referring to when the employees addressed him by his name.

"oh hush. now, tell me what's up," he urged. it seemed like he was pushing me but in reality, he knew that i needed to be pushed. otherwise, i would've bottled up my feelings and committed mass murder.

"okay. so what if you had a friend named min and she liked this boy... let's call him bean. they just met recently and min feels weird around the boy and doesn't know what to do. she doesn't even know if bean likes her back. if you were in min's position, what would you do?" very subtle. nice going, hyorin.