"Berserkers are going to flood in soon. You can smell them already." Cobie informed Colson and Pa. "We can differentiate them from Astir wolves by their paws and there's also the little fact that Astir wolves are bigger."

"How much bigger?"

They were cut off by a loud roar. Colson watched as Se Ju ran out of the house, his limbs shifting as he did and in the blink of an eye, the doctor was gone and standing in his place was a huge autumn colored wolf standing at 6ft.

"That much." Cobie said with a smirk while gesturing at Se Ju.

Colson stared gobsmacked at the wolf. Pa on the other hand actually spoke. Pa was a man of little words and only spoke when he deemed it right.

"What the fuck?"

"Yeah. My thoughts exactly." Cobie grinned. "In case the wolves are running and you can't really make out the size, check for the paws. The hairs on the paws of the berserkers are bright red and they're also missing clumps of fur on their bodies."

"Alright! Let's do this."

Cobie nods and turned to his window. He drew the curtains down until it perfectly hid his guns well. He grabs th gun and looked through the scope, zooming in as he watched the forest.

It took a beat of silence before Cobie noticed it, well heard it it more like. Something was moving through the forest at a fast pace and was getting closer by the second. Cobie angles his gun towards the direction of the sound and took a deep breath as he stared through the scope. The berserker was fast but Cobie was faster. He let out the breath he was holding and pressed the trigger. The wolf let out a whine before it hit the ground.

As he kept watching, he hoped Erik was alright. No one was prepared for this kind of attack. They had expected a couple of days at least but not this. Cobie bit his lip as he tried to calm his nerves and push his fear away but how could you face someone who tormented you for so long? Someone who made you want to slit your wrist in order to escape him?

So yeah. Maybe they were safe up here.

Astir wolves and the berserkers tumbled into the backyard, snarling and snapping at each other. Cobie and Colson don't hesitate to start to start shooting, aiming right for the smelly wolves with red paws.

Cobie glanced around, trying to spot Erik but he hasn't seen any sign of his mate yet. The fear within him was trying to tear its head but he just couldn't let it. He was going to stand his ground. He had forgotten to tell Erik to keep pack warriors here at the pack house. It seemed like they were just going to keep themselves safe.

Pa throws him an extra magazine and Cobie reloads. He looks through his scope, zooming in to make sure he doesn't miss anything.

The thing with Unseelies is this. They leave black fairy dust as they flew unlike the Seelies whose dust was gold. Unseelies were aggressive with sharp fangs and yellow eyes.

"Colson, we've got an Unseelie problem." Cobie said as he watched the black crowd of black dust getting closer and closer.

"We can't shoot them. They're too fast." Colson replied as he swaps his rifle for a sniper rifle with a wooden grip.

"We can make it snow. They hate the cold." Cobie spoke.

"It seems like everything is making a bee line for the house." Pa said as he puts the bullet into the magazine. "Your Alpha needs to come back."

"He will."

"Let's make it snow." Colson said, his voice shaky. Cobie knee it was fear. Pa took over one of the snipers and tried to help. Cobie and Colson walk to the middle of the room and turned around so their backs were pressed against the other and raised their hands out, towards the direction of the window.