04

The click clack sound of heels against the hardwood floor echoes around the office

The click clack sound of heels against the hardwood floor echoes around the office. With long white hair packed into a tight ponytail, eyes lined with black eyeliner and lips as orange as the fruit itself. With feet clad in red heels, lower half covered by jean shorts that stops just after the bum and a white loose long sleeve shirt covering the upper half. She looked ready for anything, however, looks can be deceiving.

"Mel, I take it you have good news." A low voice calls from inside the office.

Mel stops halfway into the office, she holds her iPad held tightly in her left hand. The office itself was sparse, with a dark brown table taking almost half of the space, floor to ceiling length windows behind it and looking out of it is an elderly man dressed to his nines in a grey suit with a clean shaven head and crows feet at the side of his eyes.

"He took flight 567 to Granger City under the alias Jaden Kendrick." Mel informs the elderly man who just nods, never looking away from the window. She closes the space between the desk and herself and gently placed her iPad on the table. "I've got my men checking Granger and the   surrounding islands."

The man hums.

"That's not how he thinks, Mel." The man sings and pushed his hand into his pocket. "Check all flights leaving Granger City and find the name that sticks out the most."

"Bu-"

"I WILL FORGIVE YOU ONLY ONCE MEL! THREAD CAREFULLY!" the man bellowed, he turns around sharply to face Mel who let out a loud whimper. "YOU FAILED ME BY LETTING HIM LEAVE NEW YORK MEL! YOU FAILED YOUR ALPHA AND THE PACK!"

Mel lets out another whimper and nods. She had her head bent low as a sign of respect and also partially scared to see the glowing red eyes of the Alpha she had disappointed.

"I'll be right on it, Alpha."

The elderly man hums again. He walks around the table, the thump of his shoes echoing around the room as he makes his way to Mel. When hes right in front of her, he cups her face in his and raises her head up. Mel looks at the burning red eyes of her Alpha, her body trembling in fear as he strokes her cheeks with his thumbs.

"You're my favourite Beta, Mel. You're so good and so brave, you make me proud." He sings her praises until her body relaxes in his hold. "We don't want the prophecy to be fulfilled do we, Mel? Don't you want to marry me anymore, Melly?"

Mel shook her head in response.

"Then find Cobie Alexander Deckard and bring him to me." The elderly man whispered, he smiled when he receives another nod from Mel. "Good girl."

--

Cobie stares at the little wolf that had climbed off the pillow he had kept him on and settled down on his stomach instead. He watches as the little wolf's body rose and fell with each breathe he took in and let out.