028

Cobie's breath hitches in his throat as he stared at the man in front of him. He tries to move, he wants to run but everything in his mind and body is telling him to scream at Colson to run away. After many years, after many phone-calls and texts, he was finally here and at the wrong time.

Mel's laugh cut through the heavy silence, snapping everyone back into place.

"My, my, my. This is great. I've got not one but two Deckard brothers. My Alpha is going to be so proud."

Erik was this close to rolling his eyes, so instead he stalks forward, his fingers flexing as he moved, lightly flicking his tongue over his fangs.

"Coming here was a bad decision." Erik growled, his footstep sure and confident. He could hear his pack members move along with him, Cobie's heartbeat filling his ears. Mel's head was still raised up, her nose in the air. Everything she knew about Astir was wrong and Erik was going to give her a little glimpse of what is hidden in his city.

Mel snorts, "What can you do? Tickle me to d-" She trails off when her eyes falls on his fangs and claws. She was so caught off guard, she takes a step backwards. "What is -"

Erik gives her a manic grins and lunged. Mel tries to dodge but fails. Erik wraps his hand around her throat, his claws meeting in the middle and digging into the skin of her flesh, blood dripping out of the wounds. The wolf beside her was now surrounded by Michel and Genevieve while Cobie was still staring at Colson, his eyes teary.

"Here's what I'm going to do. We'll check if you've got any tracking device in you and lock you up until my mate decides what to do with you." Erik snaps, his grip tightening. He watched as Mel's eyes roll to the back of her head and kept squeezing until she was limp in his arms, heartbeat still and neck still bleeding. Erik flings her body to the ground like she was nothing and rushed towards Cobie who was still standing.

Erik looked across the field and found Colson was still standing there too, like he couldn't move either. Not knowing what to do, Erik wraps his arms around Cobie's shoulder and began to whisper.

"Baby, I put her down. You are fine, he's fine. Why don't you go and make sure, alright?" Erik whispers, softly stroking Cobie's arms. He feels and hears Cobie take a deep breath. He feels pride bloom in his chest as Cobie takes a step forward.

After he takes the first step, Cobie broke into a run. He runs as fast as he could towards Colson who was now smiling really wide. Cobie tackled Colson to the ground, his legs around the other man's body. Colson holds Cobie tight, his tears finally rolling down his face,

Cobie takes a deep breath, breathing in Colson's familiar apple scent. Everything felt so much, it felt too good to true. He squeezed Colson tight, making sure he was dreaming and was actually holding onto his brother. He pushed his nose into Colson's hair as he too cried.

He doesn't know how long they stay there like that, all he knows it they kept saying I missed you, I missed so much, I can't believe you are here. When they finally pull apart, their faces were red, tear tracks on their face and Cobie's eyes were bright gold with small speck of pink in them.

"Your eyes..." Colson whispers as he stared at Cobie with big eyes.

"Yeah. I don't have to hide them here, little brother." Cobie replies, his voice soft and a little croaky.

Colson doesn't say anything, he just nods and pulls Cobie in for another hug, this one shorter than the last.

"Where's Pa?" Cobie asked when they pull back again.

"Oh shit." Colson curses, he stands up, pulling Cobie with him and together they run towards the forest. At that very moment, everything felt exciting, at the moment, Cobie was deliriously happy. Colson cut through the woods like someone who had been there before and soon they were on the road. There was a brown Toyota Camry parked a little up front and leaning against it with a bucket hat on his head was none other than Pa himself.