Chapter 12

Hiya! This chapter is a little different from the usual. Also Those are both Tuck and his daughter If you're ever wondering how they looked. Still it's okay to imaging your own characters :p

Song: I Ran by A Flock Of Seagulls.
••••

...Flashback...

Waking up at five in the morning is a bit ridiculous, considering the fact that I would be less cranky if I got more sleep. Life is a bitch, you know? Today was the day that I would be getting interviewed by--hopefully--my future boss. There was a mixture of different emotions going around my mind body and soul, yes my soul. I was shaking deeply internally as I was kind of dreading this moment, but anticipating it all at the same time. If you could see my face at the time I hopped out of my bed, you would be utterly mortified by well, me. My hair was shooting out in all directions and my face looked as though it had aged fifty years in my sleep. Then I remembered, I forgot to put on my mask last night... Shit!

I leisurely walked into my bathroom and opened the mirror to my medicine cabinet not truly seeing the horrific mess called my face clearly. I grabbed my skin care products and put the mirror back in place. Now, this was where I had embarrassed myself just for the first time that day. When I did see my face properly, I dropped all my products and fell back hitting my head on the side of the tub. Yikes. I tried to recover from the fall but I couldn't stop laughing at my own stupidity. I stood then, grabbing onto my head and rubbing the area that had gotten the hard lash, before brushing my teeth and rinsing my face.

I applied the products to my face and headed out to my kitchen to make some breakfast for myself. I thought for a second on what to make and I decided on egg muffins, with my usual coffee. While my eggs were in the oven, my alarm went off telling me to take my mask of and wash my face with some warm water. Not a problem. Not a problem at all. I did so and surprisingly didn't burn my eggs.

I ate in peace while the television played softly in the background to substitute for my loneliness, then I hit the showers, bathing and washing my hair; also making sure to shave all the important parts while I was at it. I had no idea how the fuck I pulled that off in a mere twenty minutes. I was fucking Superman! I dried my hair straightening it so it then almost reached my lower back. I had nice curly hair that was a little past my shoulders when it down in its natural form. I rarely ever did anything to my hair apart from oiling it and straightening it on special occasions.

I dressed in a sleek yellow dress with a sweetheart-neckline and my yellow strap stilettos. I accompanied this look with my small silver hoop earings and a necklace my mother had given to me when I graduated college. I popped a gum into my mouth, grabbed my purse by Guess and went out into the parking lot of my apartment complex to drive to the G&S building for my scheduled interview. By the time I got there, the sun had fully risen and it was just a bit past seven o'clock. My appointment was for seven fifteen, so I was early and happy. I walked into the skyscraper of a building, my heart going into overdrive and giving me the impression that I was experiencing a heart attack. I walked on the dark red carpet that covered the floor and headed straight to the receptionist. She was a lady who looked like she was in her late forties or early fifties. Her brunette hair was greying and she had many ageing lines on her face, but she looked extremely welcoming and friendly.

"Hello dear. How can I help you this morning?" She spoke with confidence. I liked this woman. She was clearly from England as her accent was fluent and indeed strong.

"Hi--" I read her name on the little plaque thing on the front of the table and it said 'Jemima', "Mrs. Jemima. I came here for my interview with Mr. Graham." I gave her a small smile before she went back to her computer. I stepped closer to the table and saw that she was wearing black slacks and a cute green blouse. She was a cute lady who reminded me of my own grandmother.