Chopped

"You're not a dude?" Harry asked her incredulously, not really sure of what to make of the situation. Apparently, his new roomie 'Freddie' was a woman. He didn't really know what to say about it; he wasn't disappointed or even angry, just... surprised. Like, should he be okay with this? He supposed he should be, but his expectations had just been completely obliterated, so he was too shocked to say much more than he did.

Freddie was used to this kind of reaction. Usually, she found it amusing, but this time, she found herself feeling kind of bad about it. She knew she should have clarified her gender on her profile, but she had been desperate to find a place and she didn't want to be turned down because she was a girl. She had made two accounts; one with her first name and one with her middle name, that way she had the maximum number of options available to her. Harry had responded to her application first, and the place was one of the best deals she could find. The one drawback was that it wasn't anywhere her new job, but she didn't really care. None of the places she could afford were, so the distance thing was just something she would have to deal with.

"I'm afraid not." Freddie could not help but chuckle at Harry's reaction, but deep inside she did pity him. She shouldn't have inadvertently lied to him like that. Hiring someone because you think they're a man is one thing, but finding an internet roommate is entirely another.

So, more out of moral obligation than actual seriousness, Freddie sighed and apologized. "I am sorry though, I should have said something. I can find somewhere else if you're too uncomfortable living with a girl you've never met before."

Harry's eyes widened, "No, no, that's okay. I don't mind, I was just... not expecting you."

"I get that a lot," Freddie grinned and walked over to the kitchen counter, leaning against the linoleum surface with a bit of troublesome smirk on her lips. "But for real, I'm a good roommate; you won't regret it. I cook, clean, and I can be really quiet during sex if I have to be, so you won't ever hear a peep from me."

Freddie watched in satisfaction as Harry seemed to squirm at the bluntness of her words. He was not expecting a female roommate, much less one who would be so open with him on the fifth sentence she ever said to him. He didn't know to respond to her.

"O-oh... That's good, I guess." Harry shifted his eyes away from her, trying not think about her words too much. Harry may have been shy, but he was still a man and he couldn't ignore the way in which Freddie had demanded his full attention. He tried to think of something else to avoid an embarrassing consequence of the thoughts that Freddie had purposefully inspired within him. It was hard, though.

Even after a flight from who knows where, Freddie was not a girl that people generally looked over, and Harry was no exception. She was taller than most girls he knew, standing proud at a solid five-foot-nine. Her build was athletic, though at the same time, Harry could tell she probably hadn't played any sports in a while. That is to say, Freddie had some meat on her, though remarkably, it seemed to Harry that it was in all the right places. Harry could tell that her hair was also really beautiful, despite its current position in a messy bun atop her head. It was dark and shiny, just like her eyes, and Harry kind of hated to admit it, but he was entirely attracted to this new roommate of his.

It didn't help that she had this confidence about her that was just so appealing that Harry could scarcely look at her without thinking things he shouldn't be thinking. And she decided to bring up her sex life, too? Well, that was just too much for Harry's weak-willed mind to handle. After all, it had been a very long time since he had slept with anyone, so the mere mention of such an act sent his brain down a spiral that he couldn't come back from.

Freddie could sense his discomfort with her little joke, so she just laughed in effort to lighten mood, "Dude, I'm just messin' with you. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable; I forget that my humor is an acquired taste. I'll try to scale it back for a bit til we get to know each other better."