XX : Bloodlust

You jumped to the side, avoiding Urie's tackle. "Hey, snap out of it!" You yelled as the male scrambled back up to his feet. His smile widened.

"I always like a little challenge." He darkly spoke before he attempted to attack you with his kagune instead. You easily countered it with your own invisible one, before retracting it and cringing. Were you seriously about to harm him? No, you're not. Urie's strong, you're sure you can bring him back without the use of violence.

"Kuki, come on." You whined as you simply dodged his attacks. "You're not being yourself." If you weren't in such a serious situation, you probably would have told him to eat a Snicker bar. But now really wasn't the time for that. He disregarded your words, adding more strength to his attacks while you kept dodging.

What could you say that would have an effect on him? He probably didn't care about being scolded by Haise over this, so that was out of the question. Praise and recognition wouldn't do shit either, considering he'd receive none for this. And getting all emotional on him wouldn't help either, it'd just prove him that you're weak enough to be his prey, which really isn't the effect you're looking for.

"Do you think this is the type of stuff your father would want you to do?" You blurted out. Kuki stopped mid-strike, looking at you with wide eyes. Yeah, you just pulled out a dead parent move on his ass. What's he gonna do about it now? "Do you think you doing this and getting out of hand like this is really going to prove people you're better than him? Get some control, Kuki. Be the better person."

For a split second, you could have sworn you had him. You could have sworn you brought him back, but no. What ever triggered the double kakugan was stronger than you originally thought, because Urie gave you a horrifying smirk. "I don't care." He muttered, bringing his arm down to attempt to cut you in half with his koukaku.

You rolled to the side, huffing in bewilderment. The hell's wrong with him?

For a few more minutes, you tried just about everything to convince him to snap out of his bloodthirsty trance, but nothing helped. If anything, you just riled him up even more. His attacks became more hostile, his breathing became ragged once again and you swear he started laughing at your struggle for a few moments.

For now, you were just hoping he'd tire himself out. He must be close to passing out, considering how much energy it took to take down Dodgy Mother and now he's trying to kill you, so the tank must be nearly empty by now... Maybe it was just a matter of time.

Yeah, a matter of time. That's all it was. Either he'd tire himself out, or rescue would come in and help the two of you out. You just hoped if it was the CCG, they wouldn't kill him. It isn't exactly his fault...

If one of you gets out of control, you are to be treated as an S rated ghoul and will be exterminated.

You shivered at the memory of Haise's words. You knew he was simply explaining you the rules the CCG had put into place, but you really didn't want to execute that particular rule. Especially not on Urie.

It's been over ten minutes since he began attacking, now. His strength hasn't faltered yet. You believed he even gained some, since he started 'fighting' you (you could barely call it fighting if you weren't fighting back). The possibility of draining him of all energy wasn't there anymore.

But you really didn't want to hurt him. When you took out your kagune to block his first blow, back when he first lunged at you, you felt such an immense amount of guilt tug at your heartstrings that it was practically impossible for you to take out your rinkaku to do the same thing yet again.

This had become a matter of life or death, however. It became obvious that Kuki was dead set on having you for dinner (no, not in the sexual way you pervert--). How would that scene go? 'Oh, hey mom, hey dad. You should be proud of me, I died because I refused to hurt my friend who wanted to kill me. I died with honour, guys.'

You definitely would die with honour, yes.

Nothing else is working, however. All you would need is a hit strong enough to knock him out (or knock some sense into him, which would be preferable). Yeah, one hit. That's all it takes, you can deal with the guilt afterwards, when you're safe and sound.

You pretended to not be planning on how to knock him out for a few more moments, until Urie charged at you. You stepped to the side, making him stumble forwards and giving you the perfect opportunity you needed.

You swung your kagune at the back of his head, making sure not to cut him in the process. Kuki nearly fell face first on the ground, but you spared his dignity by catching him with your rinkaku, lowering him gently on the ground while he remained unmoving, most likely dizzy.

You approached him, still skeptical. In this state, you have no idea what he could do. It was best to remain on guard.

"Are you alright?" You asked as he glanced up at you with a semi-conscious look. Yeah, he was about to pass out anytime soon.

Urie didn't answer your question, however. Which sort of worried you, because you really wanted to know whether he was okay or not. You kneeled next to him, even if your mind was yelling at you, seeing how it was a terrible idea to do so.

You placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's alright, Kuki. You're fine, I'm not mad at you." You assured. "Get some rest."

The male gave you a goofy smile once you finished talking and lightly gripped the hand that was on his shoulder.

"Hey, (Y/N)..." He muttered. Well, at least he could talk...

"What's up?" You answered.

"I love you." Just after he muttered out those shocking three words, Urie passed out cold.