XII : Hanging

A/N: yo I got trouble with wattpad for this chapter (it erased it for some reason and the only version I could find is the one I didn't prof read and I don't have time to proof read it again) so there might be some typos and mistakes, I'm sorry ;-;

You crashed down on your chair in biology class, sore and exhausted from yesterday's events. Of course, Haise didn't let you OR Kuki at least sleep in this morning and had (literally) dragged the two of you out of bed so you can attend school. Hell, you saw some teachers give you pitiful looks in the hallways, everyone knows that you deserve that fucking rest.

"You look like hell." Ginshi stated.

"Thanks Captain obvious." You sassed back. "I feel like hell."

Tooru simply frowned at the exchange. "Be nice." He whined as you glared at shark boy. "I know you're tired and angry at Haise for not letting you sleep but don't take it out on others."

"Yeah, I'm innocent!" Ginshi whined, imitating Mutsuki's tone with the best of his abilities. The green haired male glanced at you, his worried expression changed to an unamused one.

"Do I have your consent to throw him out the window?" You asked. Tooru nodded while Shirazu gasped, apparently betrayed.

"Learn to know when to joke and when not to." Tooru muttered as you got up, startling the blonde crocs mascot furthermore.

"Hold up! Hold up! You'll get suspended! Or worse, expelled!" He tried to defend, jumping out of his chair and backing away from you as you groggily followed him. Mutsuki did nothing to stop you, but not because he was mad at Shirazu. More because he didn't want to be the one thrown out the window for interfering with a sleepy (and angry) (Y/N).

The only thing that stopped you from fulfilling your plan was the teacher that walked into class and gave you a stern look, one screaming the word 'behave'. With that, you decided enough was enough and settled back to your place, ready to fall asleep during class.

Almost halfway through the class, the intercom snapped you out of your light slumber.

"Kuki Urie's presence is required at the principal's office. Kuki Urie."

You cringed at the secretary's stern tone. That must not be good.

You needed to know what was going on, of course.

You raised your hand, waiting for the teacher to acknowledge you, even if you knew she didn't want to hear any of your usual bullshit.

"What is it, (L/N)?" She sighed, expecting you to argue with something she said or her method of teaching. Lucky her, you weren't in the mood to attempt to change the school system for the better today.

"I need to go to the bathroom." You nonchalantly informed her.

"Then go." She permitted before calling you out when you were halfway through the doorway. "You're leaving JUST to go to the bathroom. No funny business, am I clear?"

"Crystal, ma'am." You answered before leaving.

It's not like you were planning to disobey her. You were going to the bathroom, just not the one in this hallway. Instead, you went down the flight of stairs leading to the first floor and walked to the restrooms right next to the secretariat and the principal's office.

You did your business, seeing as you weren't entirely lying to your teacher and waited for Kuki to emerge from the door. Hopefully he'd tell you what was up.

And he did. After about twenty minutes of waiting. Your name was also called a few times, asking you to go back to class. Of course, you didn't. Poor Haise, he sends you to school only to receive a notification that you 'ditched' class. Oh well, you're still mad at him for not letting you sleep in, maybe this'll make him think twice.

Once the familiar head of purple hair emerged from the secretariat, you quickly followed after him, calling out his name. Urie stopped and waited for you to catch up.

"Why aren't you in class?" He asked, slightly frowning.

"I heard you were needed in the principal's office and I wanted to know if you're okay. It gave me a bad feeling."

"Ah."

"Well? Tell me what's wrong! What did she want?"

"I got expelled."

"WHAT?!" You screeched, almost frightening Kuki himself. Thank goodness none of the classes in this hallway were being used at the moment. "Why?" You asked, lowering your tone. "What was wrong enough in her head to do that? The worst you've done here is glare at two girls who invited you over at their table on the first day!"

"Apparently, I'm expelled for vandalism." He then rolled his eyes. "Because I, unlike you, didn't get permission to actively participate in yesterday's extermination."

"That's fucking bullshit!" You exclaimed. " You basically saved this damn school! They can't expel you for vandalism when they fucking knew the cafeteria would be smashed, one way or another! They gave the CCG their consent to carry out the operation here!"

"I'm still in trouble, apparently. It's fine, I'll just get more time to train." He muttered. Yeah, he might not show it, but he was upset over getting expelled and you knew it.

"I'm fucking pissed!" You yelled before hitting the wall next to you in rage. Thankfully, it only made a small dent. God forbid you get expelled.

"There's nothing you can do about it." He said before starting to walk away again. "Go back to class. I'll see you tonight."

"There's something I can do about bullshit like this!" You shot back, grabbing him by the arm. "I'm gonna fucking complain, that's what I'll do! They actually can't do this to you, Kuki. You're a great student and literally a life saver."

A shadow of a smile crept on his lips when he saw how much you seemed to care about trivial matters like these.

"Life's unfair." He insisted. Kuki was curious to see how far you'd go with this. It was rather... entertaining.

"Life's unfair, exactly. We'll make it unfair for that witch, not us." You grumbled before tugging on his arm. "Come on, we're going back to see the principal's, I've got a few things I'd like to say."

You started tugging Urie along until he gave up all resistance and simply walked back with you. He was curious to see how this'll turn out.