16

•

"Hey, Suit Lady. I kind of feel bad for calling you "Suit Lady", you know? Don't you think it's a little weird, Gadea?"

"Leave me alone, Peter. I'm busy."

"I think I should probably give her a name. Like Liz. No, no, no. God that's-that's weird."

"...why is that weird?"

"Oh, so you wanna leave the crates alone and talk to me now? After ignoring me for like a century?"

"...."

"Hey. Hey, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, okay? Just... Liz is... it'd be weird. I'd be weird. And I'd be a creep."

"That clears things up quite nicely, thank you."

"Is your face always this straight when you're being sarcastic? I can't even see you all that well, can you come a bit closer?"

"No."

"Okay. Whatever. What about Karen?"

"Does she know Liz?"

"No, like, for Suit Lady's name. What do you think about Karen?"

"Why does what I think matter at all to anyone? Least of all to you? We've already established the trust we have in one another is of the bare minimum."

"That's not... if this is about the tracker, I mean, I'm not all that sorry."

"Invading my privacy like the sneaky little git that you are isn't something to be sorry about? Good to know your moral compass points true."

"C'mon, Gadea! You're gonna make me the villain? We're supposed to be partners in this, and it's like I'm the only one that's made any kind of effort to extend an olive branch. You know my name, I invited you to my house-my house! Where I live! All the time!"

"I know what a house is!"

"Maybe, but you don't live in one. 'Least I don't think you do. See, that tracker? It lead to one of the rundown basketball courts in the community, and I thought that was kinda strange, 'cause when I got there, it was empty. But the tracker said you were right there."

"And the rest is history?"

"I hit something. It was invisible, but I hit something. Something you were inside of. Who are you, Gadea? It's not like I work for the CIA or something. I'm just a kid from Queens who's doing his very best to try and impress a maybe boss and keep my neighborhood safe. That's it. I don't know why you feel you can't tell me what you can't tell me."

"Because it's none of your business. This is my problem. I'll handle it. I'll deal with it. By myself."

"You don't have to be by yourself. At least not tonight. Not while we're stuck here."