Guy Number Two

Start bij het begin

"You're talking like we're dead," Jack chuckled. I could hear the slight shaking in his voice though, and deduced that he was just as scared.

"But we could be-"

"Shh, Emily. I love you, and I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you. This is just a stop along the way."

"I love you too," she cried, burying her face into the side of his warm chest. I turned, allowing them some semblance of privacy in this crowded area.

I would never forgive myself if they were separated so soon.

I glanced once again around the crowd of people; embracing mates, family members hugging, children squeezing their parents close. There was one couple that stood out to me though; a young man and lady that I recognized as the ones in Luke's office the other day when... Yeah.

They were standing about three feet apart, side by side, and refusing to meet each other's gaze. The man was sending hesitant glances in her direction, but looking away before her angry glare met his.

'Mates,' my wolf decided, and I jolted. What the hell?

'I haven't heard from you in forever!' I cried, sinking into the deep recesses of my mind.

'That's because I didn't bother bothering with you,' she snapped. 'You were always far too busy with our mate, who, by the way, is in desperate need of a rescue team.'

'Harsh...'

'You know it. But back to those two, look at her closely.' I glanced back at the two, and watched as the woman slowly pressed both hands to her abdomen nervously. The man next to her paled, opened his mouth as though to ask her a question, but then silenced himself as she glared at him.

'She's pregnant!' I realized, with a startled gasp.

'Yes. And ten bucks says he's the father...'

'Isn't it impossible for it to occur by anyone else...?'

'Not unless they're already mated. Which they are. They will really regret this anger if they don't show their feelings.'

'I can't do anything.' She sighed.

'I know. They will sort it out.'

I turned back to look at them, and saw the desperation in the male's face as the crowd moved to prepare for battle, and the female followed.

"No!" He shouted above the rest of the noise, starting back to her. "No, please, I-"

"I don't care," she muttered, pushing past. He let out a deep breath, his shoulders hunching, as he moved with the crowd.

That was very sad...

"Come on Ally, time to go."

Right, focus. Time to save my mate.

***

The forest was silent as we crept through on all fours. We figured we could move quieter in wolf form, and give any snipers less of a target as our height would do otherwise. I was at the head of the pack, with Alpha Blake, and Jack on either side. Surrounding us, the rest of the pack fell in, slinking through the underbrush in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours that produced a deadly looking medley.

I once thought that the combination of the wolves was a beautiful sight, but not now. Now, they were dangerous. And at the present moment, photography was the furthest thing from my mind.

Not a sound was made as we crept through the darkness, the pack following us until we gave them further instruction.

Until I gave them further instruction.