Curiousity Killed The Cat.

New Cover by Beloved_Beautiful! (: Such awesomeness, check her ouutt!

Picture to the right is  Ally -------------> (she's a little squished) :s

Chapter 1

I was minding my own buisness.  I was completely, and utterly minding my own buisness, I swear.  But then, my curiousity got the best of me.  It tends to do that, from time to time.  Like in the fourth grade, when I was curious as to what the class hamster felt like, so, I let him out.  Apparently he didn't like being held.  Needless to say, the twenty five pairs of clumsy little scrambling feet squashed him to death.  Mr. Teddy was no more that day.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that when I saw the long, glass, indoor room with a huge sign that said 'Scuba Lessons', I meant no harm.  I really didn't. 

When I parked my car and peered into the windows, my curious eyes were rewarded with the sight of the huge, in ground, relaxing looking pool.  I realize now, that my curiousity had really gotten the best of me again that day.  It was fourth grade all over again.  Dammit.  I had always really hoped to avoid situations like that.  It never really worked.

Now, I am an educated child in most things.  Four years of highschool and two years of college will do that to you.  One thing I was not educated in, however, was scuba diving.  Despite this though, I was pretty sure that scuba divers weren't supposed to be fully clothed, in jeans and a t-shirt.  And I was pretty positive that they were supposed to have some kind of equipment on when they had their faces in the water.  The most interesting thing, though, was that I was almost absolutely positive that a scuba diver, while lacking these few necessities, shouldn't be lying face down in the pool.  And not moving.  At all.  Shit.

I find that the more curious I get, the more trouble I attract.

"I suppose I should make sure he's not dead," I mused, scrambling away from the frosted windows and darting towards the entrance.  I jiggled the knob.  Locked.   I jiggled it again.  I know, pretty stupid, but I was hoping I was wrong the first time around.  Which I wasn't.  Obviously.  Seeing as I was still standing, in the freezing cold, staring at the door handle, hoping for it to magically pop open.  Which it didn't.  

"Coulda given me a little help here," I mumbled, cursing the skies for my inability to magically open the door.  I don't think they were listening. 

Seeing as my magic wasn't coming anytime soon, or, well, ever, eeing as I didn't think it was possible, and I wasn't exactly equipped to break in, seriously lacking the knowledge of how to pick a lock, I did the next thing that came to mind.  The next, very stupid, very idiotic, very not thought through, thing.  I punched the window. 

No, I didn't think to wrap my hand.  And no, I didn't think to maybe use my foot, or my elbow, or any other remotely less hurtable part of my body, I just jammed my fist out at the glass pane above the doorknob, and broke it.  I cut myself too, but I'm pretty sure that was a given.

It worked though, and with a twist of the deadbolt and a shove of the knob, I was inside the pool house.  Another bad luck sign for this dude- he didn't even twitch at the noise, even though his ears were obviously still above water.  Aww damn. 

I quickly kicked off my vans, sighed in defeat, and dove right into the pool, rather clumsily.  I was seriously beginning to regret turning down the suggestion made by my mother to take life guarding courses.  Luckily, I did, in fact, take a babysitting course to some degree, so I knew CPR.  Whether or not it would work on a real person, I had no idea. 

He was heavy.  Even without the added weight of his soaked clothing, I could tell that he was a big guy. Not big, big, though, I realized as I yanked and tugged him onto dry land.  More like, long, lean and muscular big.  Yum.  He was really good looking too, with the angular, cut face that makes any girl swoon... 

"Snap out of it Ally," I cursed,  "He won't make anyone swoon if he's dead."  I went to work, laying the man on his back, and finding the proper place to press down for a pulse. Which he had, luckily, or I would have just dragged a really good looking corpse out of a pool.  I wonder if that would be obstruction of justice, or tampering with a crime scene or something.  Hmm.

The actual CPR was easier then I thought it would be.  It was a tad awkward, pressing my touch to an unconcious guys, but, despite the warmth of those lucious looking lips, I kept going. 

A deep chuckle behind me made me freeze.

"Well, this is a surprise, I was hoping no one would find him."  Just my luck. Not only did I drag a half dead guy from a pool in the middle of the night, no, I dragged a half dead guy who someone had tried to kill. My curiousity led me to an attempted murder.  I do say attempted, because I was beginning to feel the rescued mans chest move beneath my hands.

"Oh, sorry, I kinda ruined that for you, huh?" I said lightly, turning to face the creepy sounding voice.  Well, it fit his creepy looking face, as I soon found out.  And his creepy looking smile, and the creepy looking peice of lumber that he was tossing between his hands.  Oh, this was not good.  Not good at all.