Chapter 37

The three climbed up onto the dragons, getting situated. The minute they were, the dragons both bolted for the skies. Going full force, Kadrid led the way to the portal. Depending on the situation it could take a full day maybe two.

Every so often they would fly side by side, as the empress would peer down looking in between the cloud banks, and look several hundred feet below them. She would watch as they passed over the land, trees and mountains with pools of water you could barely see from this far in the skies.

She always enjoyed riding on the dragon. It helped, especially knowing that they wouldn't reach the dark realm in the next few hours. giving her time to reflect and mentally prepare for the quest for vampires. Still finding it hard to believe that they were going to break into the underworld.

Almost wishing they would get lost along the way, she chuckled softly and rolled her eyes at the thought of it all.

Once they had been flying more than a few hours Ralvania poked Soranto.

"What was that for?" He barked, irritated.

"Everything okay? You're not getting worn down yet are you?" She asked.

Kadrid heard them and giggled before giving him a wink.

He smiled, lowered his head a few inches and winked back.

"I'm fine as is Kadrid. It's only been under three hours since we left the castle." He informed her through gritted teeth.

"Oh. oops, I thought it was later than that, sorry." She apologized quickly.

Thinking it over, lack of sleep probably had been the culprit. She grabbed her thremos and gulped at the concoction within.

That's better, she thought.

Thanks for the support of my little universe, means so much to me. I hope you're enjoying the story. if not tell me why so i can try to improve it.

If you want to know more on Salem's father Magellan, he hunted down his son in Hybrid Magical creatures, a book I wrote a few years ago.

also please vote.