Chapter 6

Chapter Six

As always, a perfect landing a mere three feet from the castle entrance. Climbing down with gentle ease, then turning to the dragon, looking at him for a long moment.

"I love you, dragon."

'I love you too.. Go see what this is about, I'm going to see Kadrid."

"I figured that much."

The dragon rolled his eyes; then went behind the fortress, going over to the waterfall.

She shook her head and let out a soft chuckle. Then slowly proceeded to the iron castle gates, then the huge black door. Knocking three times, she stood there and waited. A few long minutes creeped by when the door opened with a creak.

"Ralvania, you made it.. I'm so happy to see you again." Pandora greeted.

"It's great to see you too. I got Salem's urgent message and came as fast as I could."

"Come in, please. I'll get him, soon."

Pandora led her through the onyx and silver, goth themed hall that led to a spacious dining room. To the left corner a small kitchen.

"Would you like me to brew a pot of coffee first?"

"That does sound good, yes." Then after hesitating a good five minutes, added; "Pandora, can I ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything, you know that."

"Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"It's something to do with Salem's father, Magellan." She replied then set down three silver mugs on the counter.

The color drained from her face.

"What's wrong?"

"You did say vampires, right?"

"Yes.."

"Are they full blood vampires?" She asked wide eyed.

"I think so, but you'll have to ask Salem. Have a cup, I'll go get him for you." She excused herself to go get him.

Sipping at the drink until it was more than half gone, then refilled it. Her mind was racing. It wasn't a dislike for their kind, more of a difficulty. She could read all kinds of beings, but vampires were much harder. Visions would be flashes of images and light, a decent vision often appeared fogged over. It made it almost impossible to interpret. Dealing with vampires was just more of a risk; in her professional opinion. Then she reminded herself that the kind helpful soul; Salem was half vampire. Things may not be as disastrous as she'd imagined. Her nerves relaxed a little, by the time Salem entered the room.