Chapter 40

Ralvania watched the clouds pass by them as Soranto flew quickly through the skies. It would be dark within the next hour. She leaned over the left side of him just in time to see a pastel colored peacock. A gorgeous bird with light pink, blue and light as could be lavender feathers. She knew in other lands the wild-life had been a little different but she'd never seen one quite like that before. 

She kept watch in case she saw any other exotic creatures flying in the skies. Flying another twenty miles there were a couple of dwarf dragons, followed by pink doves and the occasional silver raven. They were rare near her own forest, she loved to see diffrent creatures on her travels. It brought her a simple joy. 

             The empress watched the skies as the sun began to fade into it's nightly hibernation and the moons woke for the nocturnal hours. She had seen that transformation more times than she could recall but each moon-rise was like a moment of magic across the skies.

                                       Soranto and Kadrid flew onward once the empress had fallen asleep. The two dragons flew on, far into the middle of the night covering over a hundred miles as the others slept. By four in the ,orning they had decided to land in a secluded spot near a forest. By the time the three climbed down they were so exhausted they slept wherever they landed.