Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-one

The next morning, still groggy; the dragons rose first. Kadrid and Soranto spent a good twenty minutes alone, letting the others sleep.

"I'm glad you're going with me," She said.

"Why do you say that?"

"There's no other dragon I'd be willing to go to hell with, except you."

"Me, too."

Kadrid looked behind him just in time to see Salem and the others begin to wake. She gave it a few minutes before both dragons walked over to them. Once they had all said good morning, the Empress gave both dragons several apples and muffins. As soon as they'd finished eating, were once again on their way. She wondered how close they were, until an hour later she began to feel bizarre. All of the sudden her mind went blank, she knew they were getting close as fogged over images and impressions struck her thoughts at once. Soon a vision came to her while they were flying.

She began to see a dark grey cave, wondering if it was the underworld. As the vision went a little deeper, she saw two people hiding inside the cave, Spencer and Magellan. They were talking, possibly planning something but she couldn't tell what it was. A split second later the vision faded away into nothingness. Shaking her head, it had been one of the more intense visions she'd ever had, especially dark visions. It had drained her, but she was glad to know the two vampires weren't harmed.

Once they had landed again, she went right to Salem and Pandora.

"I had a vision."

"What kind of a vision?"

"It was one of your father and Spencer, in a cave. They looked to be safe, for now."

"Did it look like they were still in the underworld?"

"I think so."

"Thank you." He replied.

"Where are we?"

She looked around to see a plain, dull almost boring forest. It made her feel a little woozy.

"Fifteen mile hike from the portal."

She gave him a look of fright.

"Relax, it's almost over."

"Can we get moving now?" Soranto spoke up, a few yards ahead of them.

Salem nodded as they followed the dragons through the deserted forest. The dragons led the three of them to the east, following an up hill slope. Ralvania kept reminding herself that this was almost over. She walked closely behind Pandora and her mate. Trying desperately not to think that every step was one closer to complete doom. However, Salem might be right, it may not be as horrible as she assumed.

"Just so you both know, when we get into the dark realm, hide your fears."

"Got it." Pandora answered.

She kept going, knowing she had plenty of arsenal in her magick bag if trouble did arise. As they walked a few more feet, something was yelping and crying. The empress ran to the sound, finding a pale blue werewolf pup, caught in a tree limb.

"Hold still and I will free you."

The pup barked only once. She yanked out the branch, freeing the poor thing. Once it landed on the forest floor transformed into an imp goblin.

"Thank you."

"Are you an imp?"

"No a shapeshifter," She said, transforming into a light blue owl and flew off.

"Can we go now?" Soranto yelled.

"Yes," She called back to him.