Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

After a moment of reflection, she turned to the hybrid warlock.

"Do you have any trance potions? If not, I can meditate."

"Yes, I believe I do, wait just a second." He replied, leaving the room for a few minutes then dashing back to them. He handed the small bottle over to her.

"Thanks.... Spencer, do you have anything that belongs to your mate?"

"Yes," He replied, pulling a silver and dark blue hair clip from the pocket of his cloak; handing it to her right away.

"Perfect, now I must concentrate."

They all nodded in response, giving her the silence she needed to perform the task.

Downing the contents of the bottle, she waited for it to take full effect. After a solid fifteen minutes, falling into a deep ritualistic trance, she was in between worlds. Walking through a smoke black fog, slowly through this creepy territory. Soon the fog slowly began to lift as an impression came to her, in slow motion.

"I sense wings."

"Anything else?" Spencer asked.

"Hold on, I will keep going,"

Another ten minutes passed by as she went deeper and deeper into the vision...

"Phoebe,"

"What did she say?"

"She said Phoebe," Magellan replied.

Jolting back to her own realm, as the potion had worn off; groggy and feeling soul drained. Rubbing her temples, looked up to see them all staring at her. After a long hesitation, she finally spoke...

"Did I help you?"

"Yes you did." Salem answered.

"What do you mean? What makes you say that?" Spencer asked, confused.

"She said Phoebe, I know exactly where Narsisca is being held."

"Who's Phoebe?"

"Kadrid's birth mother.. She's trapped in the underworld." Salem explained.

Spencer just looked horrified and in shock, unable to believe what he just heard. Pacing back and forth around the large dining room; running his hands through his tousled hair. Nerves so shot that he began to shake. Heart broken rage surged through him.

"I'd be the same if my mate were in this predicament." Salem told him.

"Do you want me to go with you?" The Empress offered.

Lowering his head a minute then looking up, replied; "I think I need to do this myself."

"Would you like a little help before your walk about through the underworld?"

"I suppose, but what do you have in mind?"

"Illusion powder."

"What? What in the hell is that?' He asked.

"It's a fairy dust substance, it causes illusions for your enemy.. It may be of use in escaping the underworld with your mate."

"Thank you, I've heard that escaping the underworld realm is no easy task."

"You're welcome. I've heard escaping the underworld is difficult, but I wouldn't know. I've never set foot in there."

Spencer nodded and again thanked them for the help, then he and Magellan said farewell; leaving the castle.

"I can't believe they didn't ask you to go with them." Pandora pointed out.

"It's okay with me.. I'm in no hurry to visit the underworld."

"I don't blame you. I've only been there once, by accident." Salem admitted.

She looked at him as if he were insane.

"How does one accidentally go to hell?"

"Dragon took the wrong portal."

"Sure blame poor Karid," Pandora teased, the three of them had a long laugh over that one.