Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

Ralvania took another slow sip of the goblet, then stared at the girl for a long few minutes.

"Is there anything going on with your new abilities?"

"It's hard to explain.."

"Do it anyway."

Nodding, taking a sip of the goblet; Ambrosia collected her thoughts before finally responding.

"They're not quite visions, but I get more than impressions and symbols."

"The magick is increasing, you're getting more powerful."

"That makes sense."

"How are the meditations coming along?"

"It taking time, but I think I'm getting better with it."

After a slight pause between the two, taking a sip of the goblet looked to the young student.

"It will take a lot of time and practice when it comes to magick."

The girl nodded, taking another sip of the wine. As time went on, they taled about clients, spells, magick, potions and herbs until beyond the witching hour. It had been fun for both of them, but exhausted, headed off to their separate sleeping chambers for the night.

Over the next few days, she felt a lot of nervous energy. It wasn't the vampires that she feared, or the underworld itself; more so it was being surrounded by that much darkness. Evil in its purest form. The thought just horrified her. Under most circumstances, she didn't work around dark beings, without a good reason. Like an evil fae trying to take out the Fairy Kingdom, for instance. She'd never been around a lot of evil at once, didn't know what it might do to her. Being lost in worry and panic was starting to drive her insane. Pacing back and forth in the dungeon, hoping a different room might help, but it didn't. Forcing herself to sit down for a few minutes, then summoned for the girl. After a solid ten minutes, she heard the girl tip toe down into the dungeon.

"Good afternoon.. I brought pixie brew for you."

"Oh good, that's what I was going to ask for."

Pouring the mug full, then slowly handing it over.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yes, do require anything else?"

"No, you may go."

As the girl left her to the pixie brew, the Empress took full advantage of the time, looking through ancient research books on dark magick. She didn't want to read them, but wanted to know what she may be up against. If it came down to it, she wanted to be prepared.