Chapter 6

By the end of the evening just past the witching hour; the empress sent her new apprentice off to bed for the evening. The girl seemed a little more confident than when she started. The empress had to admit she sensed potential. Sensing the dedication and good natured soul from Amberosia; knowing  it had been the right decision to teach the girl. It had only been the first night of magical training and the girl did really well. 

         She asked a lot of questions, but it was to be expected during training. Satisfied that things would work out for them both; the empress opened up her spell-book and started a page about the new apprentice of sorcery.  She loathed admitting that Soranto was right, but that seemed to be the only negative thing. Who knows, she thought; maybe I'll take a small vacation soon. It would be nice. 

                                     The next evening, the empress summoned Amberosia for another lesson. Once she'd shown up and they both got settled in, the empress glared at her for a long moment, spooking the girl a little.

"What is it miss?" Her tone shakey.

"We need to talk before I teach you." She'd spoke in a deep dramatic tone.

"Okay, what do we need to talk about miss?" The servant girl asked. 

"Relax, child. Now, I'm going to give you some of the magic I possess, however there's a stipulation." Ralvania explained to her.

"What is the stipulation, miss?" Amberosia asked, eyes wide with excitement.

"If you ever for any reason use my magic against me; I won't just bind your powers. I'll kill you, got it?" Ralvania told her in a too cheery tone, it was frightening. 

"I would never do such a thing, especially to you miss." Amberosia explained, trying to keep evidence of her frazzled nerves from showing.

"Good. Now we can begin the next lesson. Here I almost forgot." The empress replied then opened her left side drawer of the desk and handed her a leather bound book with a quill pen tucked into the cover.

"What's this ?" Amberosia asked completely surprised.

"Every sorceress needs a spell-book this is yours." 

          "Oh thank you miss, this is...just gorgeous." She exclaimed looking at the hand made leather bound book. 

"I'm glad you like it, now we need to discuss potions and candle magic." Ralvania told her.