Chapter 24

The empress sat there, wondering what had brought her friends out to see her. Rarely have they come out all this way just to say hello. It wasn't like either of them to just drop by. She waited a few more minutes when Amberosia escorted them into the room along with a fresh pot and spare mugs.  Then nodding to the lady of the castle she quickly made an exit to get back to work. 

  "It's so great to see the both of you." The empress greeted as she served the pixie brew.

  "It is good to see you too. How are things?" Pandora responded, taking a seat across from her host.  Salem took the chair next to his mate, slowly sipping the hot liquid.

   "Things are well here. My apprentice is working out great. Nothing too difficult lately. Now, what's going on?" She replied.

"We're just concerned." Pandora answered immediately. 

"What seems to be the problem?" Ralvania asked.

"No one's heard from Spencer or my father; they left for the underworld over a week ago." Salem chimed in, the seriousness of the matter in his eyes.

"I think I can help you there." She replied, leaning forward, sipping the mug in front of her.

"What can you do?" Salem asked, knowing if anyone had an explanation it was her.

"First of all the time-dimension difference." She replied as Pandora listened. 

    "What do you mean? I don't get it." Salem asked her, draining his first cup in between responses.

"One of the reasons the underworld is so horrible, time runs three to four times slower. That's part of what makes it hell." She slowly explained to him.

"So wherever they are in the underworld, it hasn't been six or eight days?" He asked with a confused look.

"If my conversion is correct they have been there for a day, two at most."  She explained pouring more drinks for all of them.

"Do you think I'm fussing over nothing?" He asked.

"For the time being, yes you are." Ralvania told him in a firm tone.

"Thanks." He responded.

"Sit and visit a while. How's Kadrid?" She asked.

"Oh she's doing well. Seems over-joyed when your dragon is near her." Pandora replied.

"Oh that's right, hold on." Rummaging around one of her magic bags, she pulled out a purple and pink tye dyed orb. She handed it over to Salem.

"It's for Kadrid. It's a glitter exploding light ball." The empress replied.

"She will love it." Pandora exclaimed.

"I promised it to her." The empress replied.