"That's for disappearing for five years." she says and I smile through the tears. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I apologized. Andrea started wiping my tears, but hers were still pouring. 

"That was very stupid and mean of you. I will never forgive you." she starts saying and I could only laugh. 

I pouted and push her away. "I won't cook you food anymore." I taunted. That seemed to work because she immediately gasped, feigning hurt. 

"You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady." I hear Cassie say from beside me. 

"Five years of explaining to be exact." Xenia butts in. 

"You guys know that I will tell you all everything." They all smile immediately and my heart flutters at that. "But not today. It's already 10pm for goodness' sake! Who even told you that I was here?" I question. I tell them all to sit and we do. 

"Mace slipped and Andrea called us all immediately." Cassie says. Andrea and Mace were cousins, you see. I playfully rolled my eyes and laughed. 

Count on Mace to hide secrets. Not that my being back would cause much difference. It was the triplets that we wanted to keep safe. 

"I missed you guys so much." I say again and I hug Cassie who was seated right next to me. 

"It's your fault we got separated. Running off without a trace and without telling us, what were you thinking?!" Andrea says. 

The other two nodded in agreement. 

"We need to go out. Tomorrow. You'll tell us everythi--"

"Cassie, don't pressure Iris. She might not be ready to talk about it." Xenia hisses and Cassie stopped to think. 

I shook my head as I chuckled. "No, I want you guys to know. Let's go tomorrow. Girl's night out?" I suggest. 

At first, they looked unsure, save for Cassie, but then they grinned and started smiling. 

"Tomorrow night it is." 

-----

Liam stayed home with the triplets while I went out. Xenia picked me up and soon, we met up with Cassie and Andrea to our favourite restaurant ever since high school, Monroe's

This was the place we came to to talk, reconcile when we had fights, gossip and if we just want to have a good time. We always took the table by the corner, right beside the window where we could see people passing by. 

We ordered the same things and thank goodness the taste hasn't changed. 

And that's where I tell them everything. From the time when I found out about Liam's schemes and his reason for getting to know me, for dating and for even marrying me. But it seems that they already knew all of that. 

And then I told them about the triplets. Andrea, who was drinking, almost choked. 

"You, what?!" Xenia exclaimed. 

"You got pregnant?!" Cassie seconded. 

"Who's the dad?" Is Andrea even serious with that question? 

I laughed silently and Andrea slaps my hand. 

"Tell us!" 

"Of course, it's Liam. Anyways, they came out as triplets and--" but before I could even finish my sentence, they reacted once again. 

"WHAT?!" 

So I tell them everything. We were probably at the restaurant for hours because they kept interrupting whenever I continued with my narrative. 

I tell them about my times alone with the triplets, how I was able to survive up till when Jace was kidnapped and how I asked Liam's help. And finally, on how we were here now. 

There were some times when we shed a few tears, but in the end, we were all laughing. Just like the good old days. 

It was then my turn to ask them about what they've been doing these past five years. Although I still kept track of their lives through the media, I still wanted to hear from them. 

Andrea was a lawyer and she's been as busy as ever. I knew that she was very successful because I would often see her cases being published in news articles or being news report. 

Xenia was a famous wedding-dress fashion designer. However, last that I heard, she was expanding to making gowns of any sorts because her dresses were much in demand although her clients weren't even getting married. 

As for Cassie, she was an actress. I watched her movies and her TV shows as much as I could. Even the triplets know about her because I watched her so much. She had a huge fanbase, especially after she was cast as Athena, a famous superhero character from a comic book. 

I was happy for them. They were successful, they got what they wanted and they've achieved their dreams. As for me, I don't really know. I always thought that I was gonna inherit my parents' business, but all that changed when I met Liam. 

We talked the night away and some of the staff informed us that they were closing soon and that was when I noticed that it was already 11. 

"I don't want to go home yet, I still want to spend time with you all before I go back to London." Xenia frowns. 

"Ouh, I know! Let's go grab a few drinks!" Cassie suggests. Of course Cassie would suggest something like that. 

"I'll have to say no to that, Cassie. I don't want my kids seeing me drunk." 

"I agree with Cassie. Let's go have a few rounds. Plus, Iris. Liam's there to take care of them. They're asleep." Andrea reasons. 

"I don't mind getting drunk with you all." Xenia says and I can't help but sigh. 

"Sure, sure. Whatever." 

But somehow, I had a bad feeling. 

-----

Alright, so here's today's update!!! 

YEY! 

I kept my promise. 

Stay tuned guys, next chapter is my favourite one 😉

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE! 

carpe diem

-sky💕