CHAPTER-9

_____¤__________¤_________'

"I am so sorry guys I got late." , they heard a voice say. Manik looked at that person and whispered , "Soha"

" Congratulations guys , I am so happy for both of you." ,after  saying this she hugged Nandini.

Manik looked a bit confused seeing her there but nonetheless he said a thank you as everyone was present there in the hall.

Soha turned to look at Abeer- "Umm Abeer bhai can I take Manik and Nandini with me to the garden as I want to have a talk with them?"

Abeer -" Yeah sure why not as all the rituals for today are already over."

Soha nodded with a smile -"Thank you bhai."

---*---------*------------
At the Garden-
---*---------*------------------

Soha- "I know Manik that you are confused as how I am here and all that. You remember when you left with Nandini that day Dad came there and he somehow saved me .

I had some serious burns but after some surgeries I got perfectly fine Dad didn't wanted anyone to know about it and he let everyone think that I was dead.

And as for my mental condition when we went to USA he contacted the best psychiatrist and I had constant therapies for two years and I started getting better and after one year I got fully okay."

She paused a bit then continued saying - " And as for how I met Nandini , then I met her two years ago when I had a regular check up and as you know she is a doctor , she was in the same hospital where I was and we kinda ran into each other .

I apologised to her and she forgave me , from then we are in contact and eventually became each other's best friend. " , she finished with a smile.

" And I am really sorry for what happened." , she added a second later.

Manik didn't said anything as he stood there he thought about everything .

Nandini held his hand and gently said -" Manik" she paused for one or two seconds , " Please say something."

Manik looked at Nandini and sighed , then he looked at Soha -" Look Soha whatever happened was not completely your fault as you were not mentally fit but ......; all I want to say is that I do forgive you but it will take some time for me to completely trust you and actually forget everything."

Soha-"It's completely fine Manik , I do understand what you are trying to say and I was not even expecting you to trust me that easily . I know it's not that easy to forget everything at once. "

Manik just nodded .

Soha -" Okay guys I will leave you two alone for sometime but come soon as everyone else must be waiting for us . Okay then enjoy." , she left after saying that.

Manik turned to look at Nandini and said -" So... "

Nandini too looked at him and said - " So what.."

Manik stepped forward and pulled her close to himself by holding her wrist , she banged hard in his chest.

Manik held her by her waist and she encircled her arms around his neck he pulled her even more closer to himself such that even air didn't had any space to pass between them.

Nandini got lost in his chocolate brown eyes , he slowly  moved his face and kept it in the crook of her neck , nuzzling there , his hot breath fanning on her neck making her almost lose her sanity she closed her eyes.

  Manik moved his face a bit upward towards her ear and kissed her earlobe she moaned his name , "Manik. " 

Manik moved a bit back still holding on to her waist to look at her face . He could see the blush that has spread on her cheeks.

He felt happy  knowing that he was the reason for her blush . "Nandini", Manik whispered huskily .

"Hmm." , she hummed.

Manik - "You're looking so beautiful. "

A bright smile came on her lips with blush still adorning her cheeks she slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him only to find him looking at her with a loving expression.

"May I kiss you?" ,  he whispered , she looked in his eyes and saw care , affection , protectiveness and .....love all for her .

"Yes" she whispered in a barely audible voice that even he wouldn't have been able to hear if he wasn't standing this much close to her.

A smile lit up on his face hearing her answer , his one hand moved to cup her cheek while the other remained on her waist she closed her eyes as he moved his face closer to her he slowly placed his lips on hers.

He slowly started kissing her , he was sucking her lower lip pouring all his love in that kiss , she too responded with equal favour working on his upper lip.

It was a slow yet passionate kiss , there was no haste , it was almost like they were trying to make themselves believe of each other's presence.

They pulled away from the kiss in need of oxygen they rested their foreheads against each other's.

---------*----------

“Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.”
— Lao Tzu

“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
— Maya Angelou

--------'-'*--------------------

_____¤_______¤________'

Finally an update .

It's 1K reads guys I can't believe it. When I started this story I never actually thought about it happening. I am very happy and thanks to all of you for your support.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

♡ Lavanya