AU : Left To Live | Captain America

Start from the beginning

Clint dusted of his shoulder in a cool manner. "Psshh. It's nothing birthday boy/girl! It's your birthday so it's a day of going out isn't it?" Chuckling, you gave your angelic smile that anyone can swoon over. "It is indeed!"

...

The dinner was over and your anger was long gone. You were just talking to Steve about the gifts that were unopened when someone t-boned the car. The car spun and flipped about 5 times. You had the most impact since the other car hit your side.

...

White lights blinded you when you opened your eyes. Looking around, the room was all around white. It was so clean, you could feel yourself losing sight.

"Glad to see your awake Y/N. A doctor will be in here shortly to tell you some news to you and your father."

The door clicked opened. Turning your head, you saw the most intimidating doctor in the world. Taking a seat on the nearest chair, he began telling the most devastating news.

"I have some bad news. The impact the car caused on Y/N was severe. You're lucky to be alive. Downside is, is that it gave your brain some critical damage. The most accurate guess you have left is a month. Use this time for family and friends." Before leaving, the doctor gave a sad smile and walked out the door.

"Y/N... I know this is tough but-"

"It's alright. I'm not scared of dying. Let's just go home and tell the others."

...

"My brain had some serious impact after my birthday. The doctors told me I have a month before I... y'know, RIP." You chuckled at the last part. Everyone had sad faces clearly not approving of the joke. "Not funny? I'll stop joking around."

You clasped you hands together and licked your lips preparing to say more. "Before I die, I would like to spend my limited time with you guys. If everyone can clear their schedule for at least 1 month. That would make me happy."

...

Everyone did clear their schedule. They proved it to you as well.

The first week of the month was a road trip to Banff. The mountain were amazing and you took many Polaroids for your "Death Diary". The best memory would probably be the camping part. You and the others went into the nice green forest and stayed there for 2 days. Food was amazing, especially the chunky and thick clam chowder. YUM!

Second week of the month was in Fiji. You and the Avengers were on the beach drinking cool drinks and swimming in the clear waters. You took at least 10 Polaroids. Best memory was the unlimited buffet. Their barbecue was tubular!

Third week of the month was in America. You decided to stay close to any hospitals in case you have an "incident". You would think it would be boring but it was crazy! You went to a party with a bunch of celebrities. This wasn't even the best part. MJ, Ned, and Peter bought you so much McDonalds. They went to your place and binged on the food and good shows. Pictures were again taken.

The last week of the month was when you were hospitalized. You did have a bad incident and sadly cut your bucket list short. The week was writing in the diary that Ned gave you.

...

"Dad, MJ, Peter, Ned, I love you guys. Thanks for making my life so fun and happy. D-don't forget m-me." Barely getting your words out, your breath cut short and your eyes closed. Then, everyone in the room heard it. The loud beeping. The life of Y/N was taken so fast. So young.