Imagine : Medical Work | Hulk.

You shifted on the black leathery couch trying to get comfortable. It was midday, the hallways unusually quiet. Other than light breathing and your clipped nails on your phone, nothing else could be heard. It bothered you that everyone was busy or either resting. The commotion brought life to the base and colours to yours.

Aimlessly on your phone, your phone switched screens as you were being called. Displaced on the caller ID, was Bruce. You accepted the call in an instant.

You cleared your throat. "Hello? Dad?"

Waiting for his reply, you heard him switch between giving instructions and frantic breathing.

"Y/N. I need you in the lab immediately. Code red!" He promptly ended the call and you knew what was happening.

Studying under your father, he suggested codes to you so that in case of an emergency, you knew what was happening and how urgent it was. You shrugged it off with unimportance until Clint suffered from stomach wounds. That was the day you took it seriously.

The hallways echoed with your quickly heavy footsteps. The distance was long but you managed to get to the lab as fast as you could.

Trying to stop and slow yourself down, your legs and feet did not comply making you ram into the door.

Momentarily stunned, Bruce aggressively opened the door. His hair was disheveled and tie out of place.

"Oh god my head hurts." You said as you entered the doorway. You rubbed your head softly trying to help the throbbing.

"Stop fooling around Y/N!" With one of his hands on your back, he ushered your forward to unknown person, who was in fact Natasha.

Glaring up at Bruce, you grabbed a pair of medical gloves and began inspecting the wound.

"Looks like a bullet wound. Two inches deep and as far as I can tell, she maybe lost 1-2 pints of blood."

Nat grimaced in pain. Her skin pale and eyes unfocused, your concern spiked.

Bruce stood beside you. "Let's get to work."

...

After finishing wrapping over her wound, Bruce praised you for your intellect and hard work. He was never one for compliments.

As a father, the two of you didn't have time to spend. He was always locked in some sort of room doing research. You guessed it was important that he barely raised you. Over time, your relationship with him slowly rekindled. The road was long but worthwhile.

For others, the day might have been hectic but to you, it was a bonding moment. A chance to reach a point in your life to be a real father and child duo.
It was also a bonding moment for Nat and Bruce who couldn't keep their eyes off each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate this one.
Re-edited: 06/15/2020
Re-re-edited: 06/19/2020

- BingeReaderClub